Gaming Laptop for 40k-50k ASAP

ParaXite

Power User
Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase:

Need a laptop for a friend. Have selected one but need your thoughts.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Rs 40k - 50k (Strict upper limit is 50k, would like to save some money for accessories)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: No particular liking.
b. Dislike: None

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming: BF4, Crysis 3 and almost all the new titles that will be coming out and he needs to play on 720p or 900p at atleast high settings.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
No particular choice.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Have selected this one:
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

But would like to know your opinions and also any new laptops that are announced or laptops that I dont know about.
Also, I think that the GT 740m is wasted on a 720p screen as it can play a lot of games on 1080p at atleast medium settings. So is there a laptop with at least a 900p screen with a 700 series GPU?

Thanks
ParaXite

nikufellow

In the zone
Either wait in the hope that manufacturers also upgrade screen res when they launch revised editions of their lappies with hasswell procy's or buy z500

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Samsung NP550p .
this laptop will have all the features that you want 650m>740m and it has 900p screen too.
Otherwise i don't see a better deal at 45k than z500.
also, you can consider: Samsung NP370R.
advantages of Z500 over NP370R .
a) DVD drive.(samsung does'nt have one).
b)Looks
c)better battery backup.
advantages of samsung :
a)light weight.(coz of no optical drive)
Regarding the GPU 740m is roughly equivalent to 8750m. there are many games where 740m performs better where as there are also games where 8750m performs better, but generally , 740m outperforms 8750m

Either wait in the hope that manufacturers also upgrade screen res when they launch revised editions of their lappies with hasswell procy's or buy z500
The OP's has written ASAP. i don't think there will be any 4th gen processor in this range(40-50k) till diwali with a nice GPU.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Guys, there are threads running in this mobile electronic section for laptops which speaks of same "gaming laptop for 40-50k", observing the frequency of posts with similar query, it is suggested to visit and read all existing threads for answer and then for further detailed query, post on the same thread. Recently these new threads are increasing in number and in all those answers are all identical. So it is a request for new posters to go through all relevant threads first they might have already served you your info Thanks.... :)

Top Bottom