Gaming laptop / 60k budget / immediate purchase needs

oromis

i pwn joo!!
Hey, I have answered the questionnaire and added some additional points towards the end. Looking forward for some advice on this matter. Thanks in advance.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
INR 60000 (can stretch to 65/70k if needed)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Weight isn’t much of an issue. I’d give greater priority to display quality and performance

3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming would be the primary resource-crunching task. Apart from that, general browsing and MS Office usage, general entertainment

4) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for?
4[SUP]th[/SUP] gen i5/i7, 1TB HDD, 4+GB ram, Win8, HD display are pre-requisites.
I don’t want to specify a graphics card, because i’m still confused about the various options available

5) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Lenovo, Dell,
b. Dislike: Samsung, HP
I’m fine with most other brands.

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Few points:
1. The only reason I’m looking at a gaming laptop is because I live on-campus in college and my job after college will require transfers every few months – else my preference would have been a desktop

2. I am primarily an MMORPG/MOBA player – World of Warcraft / Dota 2. But I want a device that would support these games, their future expansions and also the next generation of MMO’s such as Elder Scrolls online, Wildstar etc. I occasionally also play games like Diablo, Dragon Age, starcraft2,. So obviously I want a laptop which would continue support new game launches for atleast a couple of years

3. I have an option of ordering the laptop from the US and have someone bring it to India in December – however do all brands offer international warranty? And will i face any issues regarding power-sockets / voltage flow etc?

4. People have recommended investing in a Micro ATX / Mini ITX setup which would allow me to build a compact gaming machine and then my only concerns would be monitor + peripherals (which I think are manageable). The issue being – i have very little information about these setups/builds. If they are a good option, I don’t mind going for it

Get Lenovo Ideapad Y510p, available for 71-72k locally.........
Lenovo Ideapad Y510 (59-390016) Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Else, Samsung S05IN is the best option for 60k
Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

$hadow

Geek in making
If you spend till the budget of y510p than it is the best option available as of now.

OP
oromis

oromis

i pwn joo!!
thank you for the responses.

i have one last query - does the Lenovo y510p come with international warranty? the local croma store staff couldn't confirm it.

I am planning to order it from the USA, but i'm only concerned about warranty and if i will face issues with plug point / voltage flow

sandeepsingh

Broken In
you wont be facing any issues regarding power-sockets / voltage flow. the pins will be different so you can use converter for them.

If warranty is not a problem like say ... if you have contacts which frequently fly between india-usa ........ i would suggest look for customised gaming laptops ... from sager and clevo.

Custom Laptops, Gaming Notebooks, Custom Gaming Laptops | XOTIC PC

Top Bottom