Gaming / Entertainment center at 1-1.5L

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo_natasha

Broken In
Hey Guys, its been a while. I just checked my past post history I've been coming back here for suggestions every few years and have not contributed much back. Apologies for that. But I think Im way past my prime days (used to be a CHIP INDIA mod / admin many eons ago)

I am based out of US and my current setup is a Lenovo Y510P which is almost in pieces literally. My desktop back in India is some sandy bridge based computer. I dont remember the specs now, but it was a 60k build 6 years back and has been used very rarely.

I plan to return back to India in a couple of years. So I would like to start building an ultimate PC probably my last. I want to buy as many parts as I can from here (US), possibly during the deals etc. I prefer to have a desktop, but owing to work I use a laptop here. I thought about these 2 options.

1. Buy the MSI Stealth GS65 Thin
2. Build a desktop

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:

DOTA2 will be the primary game. I've been out of the loop for a long time. I would like to pick up where I left off. I used to play HL2, GTA 3, Splinter Cell, FEAR, Doom. I paused and took a break for 7 or 8 years now. Now I wish to return to play all the AAA titles I've missed all these years and continue to play these for the coming years. I am thinking about a minimum of 2 or 3 screens. (I've not spent much thought about 4k Gaming, but would like to keep it on the cards)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 2 to 2.5k USD. Can extend more if needed. This will be the final PC for me.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows Pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: I have some 2 TB of data I need to keep safe. I am thinking if I can setup a RAID to increase data redundancy or should I just swap out HDD every few yearS? I lost some important data a few years back and I dont want that. Or if SSDs are reliable I can just have 3 or 4 SSDs and eliminate spinning discs altogether.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. I have not thought about the resolution or size yet. (This alone will be bought in India, I dont think I can bring buy it here and bring it back to India). 2 wide screens a minimum.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I dont plan to reuse anything from the old machine. The old machine will be retired to a streaming / downloading setup.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Buy parts over a course of 6 months. (This the biggest gripe, I am not sure if I can bring all the parts in one go)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, I think I still have the

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: LA, US. All the expensive parts would be sourced from US. The biggest and heaviest will be from India.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

I have been out of the loop for a very long time. I have lost track of almost everything. I will definitely be reporting back with pictures here once I get the build done (even if it takes a year). I might even try to build it here, dismantle and bring it back to India.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I don't know about US pricing so I would be listing components only
Amd RYZEN 5 2600X-19,000
Msi B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC-13,000
Adata 8GB DDR4 AX4U3000316G16-SR40-7,300
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB-4,800
MSI GRAPHICS CARD PASCAL SERIES - GTX 1080 GAMING X 8GB GDDR5X-51,000
Corsair RM550X-8,000

CORSAIR CARBIDE SERIES SPEC-OMEGA RGB MID-TOWER TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE — WHITE-12,650

Total-1.15L

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Buy the MSI Stealth GS65 Thin @ MSI GS65 Stealth Thin and Light Bezel Gaming & Business Laptop (Intel 8th Gen Coffee Lake i7-8750H 6-Core, 32GB RAM, 512GB Sata SSD, 15.6” FHD Display, GTX 1070 8GB, Thunderbolt3, Win 10 Pro) VR ready - Newegg.com

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Buy the MSI Stealth GS65 Thin @ MSI GS65 Stealth Thin and Light Bezel Gaming & Business Laptop (Intel 8th Gen Coffee Lake i7-8750H 6-Core, 32GB RAM, 512GB Sata SSD, 15.6” FHD Display, GTX 1070 8GB, Thunderbolt3, Win 10 Pro) VR ready - Newegg.com
:facepalm:
$2,529 = 190k and then add 50% more for customs and every other stupid taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom