'Gaming Disorder' officially recognised as a disease

gameranand

Living to Play
Addiction has many forms
Exactly. Why specifically name gaming only and leave others.
could be because the people who made such term do not game, but use whatsapp or facebook..
^^Gaming disorder is quite specific compared to whatsapp/fb addiction which merges itself with other areas.e.g.net addiction,social disorders,personality disorders etc.
Yes exactly. Gaming disorder is comparable or maybe shy away in comparison to Social Network addiction. Just look at any metro/railway platforms/airports or public places. All peeps will be looking down in their mobiles doing these so called socializing activities.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
I dont think gaming is a addiction at all.Atleast even it is then also it is better than other addiction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
PUBG Mobile: A 25-year-old suffers brain stroke while playing the game, dies- Technology News, Firstpost

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

One good thing I found about gaming is that my Analytical/Thinking Skills is definitely improved Since I started gaming.

Gaming is a must for Children to develop the following:
  • Analytical
  • Problem Solving
  • Thought Provoking

One good example is "Nintendo Switch" they work so hard to make it Play & Learn experience for Kids :)

D

Deleted member 345628

I improved my problem solving skills playing Portal 2 ... It so badly stretched my mind .
There's even research paper on this :
*myweb.fsu.edu/vshute/pdf/problemsolvingportal.pdf

*medicalxpress.com/news/2014-10-portal-cognitive-skills-lumosity.html

D

Deleted member 345628

While also some games only make them better at that game , for example , playing sudoku doesnt increase your cognitive skills but make you better at the game itself .

We can't generalize this to all videogames I guess , just like there are bad sports like boxing where the only aim is to injure other people , same goes for videogames ...

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

^^Depends on the game type also.
Playing only GTA doesn't help in improving. But playing Strategy, Puzzle solving, EQ, IQ games does help a lot.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Recent one:

Child suffers from severe tremors allegedly due to addiction to online games

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videos/city/jaipur/shocking-child-suffers-from-severe-tremors-allegedly-due-to-addiction-to-online-games/videoshow/101700308.cms

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Damn, that's so unfortunate to see. So the resolution seems to be let him play games where he only wins, for him to become normal again? That's messed up.

Top Bottom