Gaming Computer for a Class 9 student

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
someone asked me if a graphics card can be added in a laptop. basically its a lenovo laptop bought in 2013 which his son uses but it gets hanged while playing games so someone suggested to get a graphics card. he then wanted to buy a second hand computer but i suggested him to go for a new one.

Situation :-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Valorant, minecraft, Adobe Premier and obs plus whatever they teach in class 9.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 40000 max, lesser the better

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: whatever is sufficient and slightly future proof

6. Do you want to buy a monitor?
Ans: Yes, a regular one i think 20 or 22 inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: NONE. everything needs to be bought.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Almost immediately / in a week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Everything will be bought locally as the person is not that tech-savvy and will try to force me to get it and later it might become a pain.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
this is for a student of class 9. i remember microsoft giving windows free or at nominal price to students and academicians so i have suggested him to go for it and get a licensed copy. is that offer still available?

Thanks friends.

Last edited:
OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
What class 9 student would pay 1700/month for premier on a low end PC? Better to suggest them to use Davinci Resolve.

GPU market is insane right now, might remain the same for next year as well.

looks like he is using an old ahem version on the laptop. his father encourages him to explore the world and have fun while mother is furious he is not studying properly. its their choice.

Even before the pandemic, 40k gaming PC wasn't possible without used parts. Now the situation is worse, so used market is the way to go. A basic quad-core CPU with something like 1050Ti would be good.

Top Bottom