Gaming and 3D Rendering PC - 100K (excl GFX)

lost.thunder

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: Gaming (AAA Titles), 3D Modeling & Rendering (Blender)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: Max 100k (excl. GPU)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 10

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB/1TB SSD. Shall i go for NVMe?

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: No. Have a 27" 144Hz 1080p

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: GFX (1080Ti), Mouse, Keyboard, WiFi Card, HDD (2TB)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Feb'22

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Self-assemble

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Both Cost to Cost (Delhi) or Online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Select specs I had in mind - Ryzen 5600X (6 cores), RAM - 32GB. Pls advise on CPU

With 100k without GPU & monitor, you can build something far better than a puny 5600X.

CPU - Intel i7 12700KF - 36k

CPU Cooler - Deepcool Assassin III - 7k (Ask Deepcool for LGA1700 bracket)

Mobo - MSI Z690 A Pro DDR4 - 21.5k

RAM - 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz C18 - 11.8k

GPU - Yours

M.2 SSD - Gigabyte Aorus Gen4 1TB - 12k

HDD - None

PSU - NZXT C850 80+ Gold - 10.5k

Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - 8.5k (get a good meshed front case)

Monitor - None

Total - 107.3k

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price.

Intel has a platform advantage over AMD right now. That mobo has PCI 5.0 GPU slot & 4x M.2 NVMe slots (with 3 of them being Gen4). AMD X570 mobo has PCIe 4.0 GPU slot with just 2 M.2 slots.

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
Thank you for the config @omega44-xt . Ordered and received all the parts. Was planning to post the pic of the rig today, but it will have to wait.

Requested DeepCool to ship a free bracket, but that will take time as they are off for chinese new year (have raised a request regardless). Cant find the kit anywhere online. Any suggestions on what to do here? Is it available locally in Delhi at any specific shop/distributor? I prefer not to wait weeks to get the bracket

Last edited:
Thank you for the config @omega44-xt . Ordered and received all the parts. Was planning to post the pic of the rig today, but it will have to wait.

Requested DeepCool to ship a free bracket, but that will take time as they are off for chinese new year (have raised a request regardless). Cant find the kit anywhere online. Any suggestions on what to do here? Is it available locally in Delhi at any specific shop/distributor? I prefer not to wait weeks to get the bracket
Maybe some shops at Nehru place will have it & sell it.

Congrats. How much did it cost in total? Seller? Breakdown will help.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover

Pics or it didnt happen :grin:

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
Hey. Apologies for the delay - weekdays are hectic. Sharing the pics, specs and price below. Thanks @omega44-xt for the guidance.

1644066197358.jpeg

Isometric.jpg

Final Specs with Price
I looked at all the sites mentioned and ordered on the basis of a) final price and b) availability.

PrimeABGB
CPU - Intel i7 12700KF - 35k

RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3600MHz C18 - 13.3k

M.2 SSD - Gigabyte Aorus Gen4 1TB - 12.2k

PSU - RM850 80+ Gold - 11.9k (NZXT was 300 rs more expensive + I prefer corsair historically)

Vedant Computers
Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh - 9k

CPU Cooler - Deepcool Assassin III - 7k (I contacted the Distributor and went to their warehouse in Delhi to get the 1700 mounting bracket for Rs 200)

Mobo - MSI Z690 A Pro DDR4 - 21.5k

Total - 110.3k

Existing items
Nvidia GTX 1080Ti
Acer 27" 144Hz Monitor
+ KB + Mouse + Headset + WiFi + BT

Next Steps
Ordered extra fans to keep the CPU temp down (was hitting 88 avg in Cinebench Multi-core). Mounted 1x as rear exhaust. Planning to put 1x exhaust on rear top and 1x intake on PSU shroud

I'll recommend Arctic P12 & P14 for extra fans, if you don't want RGB. Pretty good value those fans are with performance close to Noctua ones.

The i7 12700KF draws a lot of power when unleashed. People have got some success with undervolting, worth a try. Basically try to get same boost freq & performance while drawing lower power. 1 extra exhaust at top back & 1 extra intake over PSU shroud towards front should help.

I have ordered the same cabinet for my PC build, waiting for parts. The fan layout I suggested is what I'm targeting but my CPU will be a puny i5 12400 with its stock cooler. If you want, just add the 2nd fan at top exhaust & PSU intake as well. You will need a fan hub as Lancool II Mesh lacks one.

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
Makes sense. Congrats on your PC build. When do we get to see some pics and specs?
  • Ordered the Arctic fans and Fan Hub from Amazon. Will use the RGB fans to add bling to another PC.
  • CPU - Yes, planning to test cpu temps once all the fans are in. If its still not manageable, will undervolt by -0.065V
  • I really like the case - its the best I have had - visually and ease of setup (used NZXT and CoolerMaster in the past). Remember to tape the bottom for dust prevention

Makes sense. Congrats on your PC build. When do we get to see some pics and specs?
  • Ordered the Arctic fans and Fan Hub from Amazon. Will use the RGB fans to add bling to another PC.
  • CPU - Yes, planning to test cpu temps once all the fans are in. If its still not manageable, will undervolt by -0.065V
  • I really like the case - its the best I have had - visually and ease of setup (used NZXT and CoolerMaster in the past). Remember to tape the bottom for dust prevention
Maybe will build by next week sometime. Its an i5 + 3070 rig.

Which fan hub did you choose? I'm eyeing the cheap Deepcool 4 fan one.

What do you mean by taping the bottom? The PSU shroud side area or bottom of PSU shroud? The bottom should have a dust filter, for side, I'm looking at dust filters like these or something, need to get the hands on my cabinet first.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B09GBHWFP2/
It will restrict the airflow a bit for sure.

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
Maybe will build by next week sometime. Its an i5 + 3070 rig.

Which fan hub did you choose? I'm eyeing the cheap Deepcool 4 fan one.

What do you mean by taping the bottom? The PSU shroud side area or bottom of PSU shroud? The bottom should have a dust filter, for side, I'm looking at dust filters like these or something, need to get the hands on my cabinet first.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B09GBHWFP2/
It will restrict the airflow a bit for sure.
3070 is amazing. Looking forward to it once its ready!

1. I chose the same Deepcol one. It should do the trick.
2. There is a big air gap right under the front panel. Its intentionally left like that by Lian Li to help in thermals, but as per Gamers Nexus, its a bad idea as it lets dust inside. Even they taped it off in their review of the case.

3070 is amazing. Looking forward to it once its ready!

1. I chose the same Deepcol one. It should do the trick.
2. There is a big air gap right under the front panel. Its intentionally left like that by Lian Li to help in thermals, but as per Gamers Nexus, its a bad idea as it lets dust inside. Even they taped it off in their review of the case.
Ah, will check their review again closely

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
Hey @pkkumarcool . Sorry I havent checked this thread in a while. 1080ti is holding fine but cant do ultra/high settings on some games anymore (on a 1080p monitor), especially now that cpu is not the bottleneck.

I am in fact planning to get a new graphics card - probably a 4070ti for future proofing?also planning to add a new 2k monitor 27”. i can spend 20-40k but unclear on what to go for. Your advice would be really helpful, as always. + @omega44-xt

Hey @pkkumarcool . Sorry I havent checked this thread in a while. 1080ti is holding fine but cant do ultra/high settings on some games anymore (on a 1080p monitor), especially now that cpu is not the bottleneck.

I am in fact planning to get a new graphics card - probably a 4070ti for future proofing?also planning to add a new 2k monitor 27”. i can spend 20-40k but unclear on what to go for. Your advice would be really helpful, as always. + @omega44-xt
Acer XV272U KV for 27" 1440p 170Hz monitor. Check its rtings.com review.

GPU - IMO wait. 4070Ti is a poor value, mainly because of VRAM & price. IMO it needed 16GB VRAM. Wait till new AMD GPUs are out, like 7800XT. GPU demand is low in general. Also, AMD parts are initially overpriced in India, if lucky 7900XT might drop to 80k in a few months (currently just under 90k).

1080Ti is similar in performance to 2070S, which is similar to 6600XT. So, still decent for 1080p gaming.

1687577575270.png

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
Acer XV272U KV for 27" 1440p 170Hz monitor. Check its rtings.com review.

GPU - IMO wait. 4070Ti is a poor value, mainly because of VRAM & price. IMO it needed 16GB VRAM. Wait till new AMD GPUs are out, like 7800XT. GPU demand is low in general. Also, AMD parts are initially overpriced in India, if lucky 7900XT might drop to 80k in a few months (currently just under 90k).

1080Ti is similar in performance to 2070S, which is similar to 6600XT. So, still decent for 1080p gaming.

View attachment 22398
This is actually a very good monitor recommendation - thanks. I read several ‘top’ reviews for 2k monitors before and no one talked about this. Also weird to see mainly amazon carry it and not primeabgb, mdcomp or vedant - is it discontinued? Either way, Definitely putting this in the shortlist. Is there any other monitor you recommend (upto 45k)? I ask mainly because i stick with my monitors for several years before switching (if at all). I still use my dell2311uh from 2011 and the only reason i switched was cz of refresh rate. so happy to spend more as long as it justifies the price bump.

For gpu, im afraid nvidia is the preferred way due to 3d rendering requirements (i use blender, however scenes are not too complex so vram hasnt been an issue). I would love amd any day if not for this reason. Cheapest i can find online is gigabyte 4070ti for 75.3k. Should i wait some more (and for how long)?

This is actually a very good monitor recommendation - thanks. I read several ‘top’ reviews for 2k monitors before and no one talked about this. Also weird to see mainly amazon carry it and not primeabgb, mdcomp or vedant - is it discontinued? Either way, Definitely putting this in the shortlist. Is there any other monitor you recommend (upto 45k)? I ask mainly because i stick with my monitors for several years before switching (if at all). I still use my dell2311uh from 2011 and the only reason i switched was cz of refresh rate. so happy to spend more as long as it justifies the price bump.

For gpu, im afraid nvidia is the preferred way due to 3d rendering requirements (i use blender, however scenes are not too complex so vram hasnt been an issue). I would love amd any day if not for this reason. Cheapest i can find online is gigabyte 4070ti for 75.3k. Should i wait some more (and for how long)?
That monitor is the common recommendation in r/IndianGaming & techenclave as well. Most websites are just shit, don't rely on those for any recommendations, more so in India.

IMO at 22k, its a pretty good value. Its a better monitor than my 30k Asus 1440p 170Hz monitor. IMO no need to spend extra, unless you plan for 4K 144Hz.
mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-aorus-m28u.html
www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare/acer-nitro-xv272u-kvbmiiprzx-vs-gigabyte-m28u/23638/24821?usage=3623&threshold=0.10

If you want a GPU now, Gigabyte 4070Ti at 75k is decent. Waiting might reduce prices a bit on Nvidia side, but nothing major IMO. Used GPUs are the only other option. Nvidia is blatantly trying to increase GPU prices & releasing poor value products sadly. AMD doesn't pay much attention to a developing country like India. Since AMD is out of question for you, IMO just go for it.

OP
L

lost.thunder

Broken In
That monitor is the common recommendation in r/IndianGaming & techenclave as well. Most websites are just shit, don't rely on those for any recommendations, more so in India.

IMO at 22k, its a pretty good value. Its a better monitor than my 30k Asus 1440p 170Hz monitor. IMO no need to spend extra, unless you plan for 4K 144Hz.
mdcomputers.in/gigabyte-aorus-m28u.html
www.rtings.com/monitor/tools/compare/acer-nitro-xv272u-kvbmiiprzx-vs-gigabyte-m28u/23638/24821?usage=3623&threshold=0.10

If you want a GPU now, Gigabyte 4070Ti at 75k is decent. Waiting might reduce prices a bit on Nvidia side, but nothing major IMO. Used GPUs are the only other option. Nvidia is blatantly trying to increase GPU prices & releasing poor value products sadly. AMD doesn't pay much attention to a developing country like India. Since AMD is out of question for you, IMO just go for it.
Thank you. It became quite clear for me - ordered both. Will share some pics once they arrive!

Top Bottom