Gamiing laptop <55K

n3rd

In the zone
1) What is your budget?: 50K (Max 55K) INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Samsung, Asus
b. Dislike: Toshiba

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?: Gaming, Photoshop.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?: Any

So basically I need a laptop <50K or max <55K with the best gaming capabilities (i.e. the best for the price obviously, I know it's a notebook and not capable of extreme gaming etc). I don't care that much about looks at all, insofar as it's top unit performance wise, and has no much known issues.

i) Sammy NP550P5C-S01IN looks good at the moment, but I'm a bit wary of the overheating issues (I know that Ivy Bridge heats up like hell) - does it get progressively worse fast? I use it mostly in A/c with decent cooling so that shouldn't be much of an issue I reckon?

ii) And what'd you say of shipping in ASUS N56VZ from Amazon since it has intl. warranty?

tanvir37

Broken In
options for you:-
1)The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

2)Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com : can be bought from from a local samsung dealer at a lesser price than flipkart

3)Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-341235) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com :- available at Croma(Mumbai) for 50,000

Also
Nvidia 650m > nvidia 645m > Ati 7730m

Aftersales:- Dell>Samsung>Lenovo

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Thanks mate! 15R seems okay - but from a gaming POV is the extra bucks worth it for Sammy? 650M obviously sounds great w/ all that config. And as far as the service isn't crappy, I can live with that.

Also how much does Sammy cost in retail stores? Is there an i7 model of the NP550P5C-S04IN I wonder?

asher

Broken In
1) What is your budget?: 50K (Max 55K) INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, Samsung, Asus
b. Dislike: Toshiba

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?: Gaming, Photoshop.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?: Any

So basically I need a laptop <50K or max <55K with the best gaming capabilities (i.e. the best for the price obviously, I know it's a notebook and not capable of extreme gaming etc). I don't care that much about looks at all, insofar as it's top unit performance wise, and has no much known issues.

i) Sammy NP550P5C-S01IN looks good at the moment, but I'm a bit wary of the overheating issues (I know that Ivy Bridge heats up like hell) - does it get progressively worse fast? I use it mostly in A/c with decent cooling so that shouldn't be much of an issue I reckon?

ii) And what'd you say of shipping in ASUS N56VZ from Amazon since it has intl. warranty?

samsung so3(u would hv to put in 3k more)
me too had a go at asus frm abroad but could'nt...
i think asus has a better screen bcz of its better contrast and black value.
but asus has a poor resolution 1333*768,sammy has 1600*900
btw all the heating issues hav flown away from sammy.

rider

as Kratos

1366x768 (not 1333x768) is not a poor resolution. It is average and comes in most of the laptops. It's standard 100 PPI of 15.6" in 16:9 aspect ratio. Quality of image is also depend upon the contrast, black levels and colour accuracy. Samsung's screen with 1600x900 panel is not great in terms of colour reproduction as per the notebook review. But has excellent luminescence. It's good for those who mostly work in sunlight or outside.

asher

Broken In
1366x768 (not 1333x768) is not a poor resolution. It is average and comes in most of the laptops. It's standard 100 PPI of 15.6" in 16:9 aspect ratio. Quality of image is also depend upon the contrast, black levels and colour accuracy. Samsung's screen with 1600x900 panel is not great in terms of colour reproduction as per the notebook review. But has excellent luminescence. It's good for those who mostly work in sunlight or outside.
yeah ok

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Re: Gamiing laptop &lt;55K

Ah thanks! I guess i5 should be okay, 3K is a bit too high for my liking. What about throttling issues w/ i5? Are new users still having it or what? I think I'll risk it anyway, I wonder if there is there any other laptop offering Nvidia 650M for that price range?

@rider I don't have any req. for good lumiscence, but I'll take it as long as colour reproduction isn't poor. Being 'not excellent' in colour reproduction doesn't bother me as much :p

What are the lowest prices available for NP550P5C-S04IN and NP550P5C-S03IN in Bangalore, if anyone knows? What are the cheapest online deals for both?

asher

Broken In
Re: Gamiing laptop &lt;55K

Ah thanks! I guess i5 should be okay, 3K is a bit too high for my liking. What about throttling issues w/ i5? Are new users still having it or what? I think I'll risk it anyway, I wonder if there is there any other laptop offering Nvidia 650M for that price range?

@rider I don't have any req. for good lumiscence, but I'll take it as long as colour reproduction isn't poor. Being 'not excellent' in colour reproduction doesn't bother me as much :p

What are the lowest prices available for NP550P5C-S04IN and NP550P5C-S03IN in Bangalore, if anyone knows? What are the cheapest online deals for both?

i bought s03 from bnglre for 58k,along with it came a bag 8gb pendrive ,key board cover, cleaning kit and a mouse...kb cvr and cleaning kits are useless,...i had the chance to choose from a mouse or kbrd.....
yeah i5 would be fine....

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Thanks and I'll see what I can do :) 58K is a tad high, but lemme see..
Seeing there is no better alternative for my price market and the largely happy users here, I guess I'd go with Sammy anywho. TY!

Do you face throttling issues, Ash?

asher

Broken In
Thanks and I'll see what I can do :) 58K is a tad high, but lemme see..
Seeing there is no better alternative for my price market and the largely happy users here, I guess I'd go with Sammy anywho. TY!

Do you face throttling issues, Ash?

no,no throttling for me,i hav'nt tried many games but hv played nfsmw2012
i hav'nt tried it on highsettings.On medium settings its alryt,temp about 70-72(on battery it is much lower).
again i should mention that frame rate is not that great in medium settings,but surely payable.

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
That'd do. From the other Samsung thread I see that most of the owners are happy about it gaming wise.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
15r special edition isn't that good.. if really interested in buying it then buy the i7 version that would come for around 57k..

Top Bottom