fx 6300 Temp in Indian summer

mang

Broken In
I have athlon ii 240 chip on gigabyte 78LMT- S2 v1.1 (2012)
Looking at my set up it seems upgrade to Fx 6300 is the most cost effective in theory ofcourse.

Even then im worried about Fx 6300 heat temp as indian summers are Extremely hot. I will run the proc at stock, even then will it suit the indian summer with stock cpu fan? I am not willing to add after market cooling and such. Will the temp be teme able by the stock fan especially in summer.

Will the power consume be much significantly higher compared to my current setup even at normal uses, how much power jump when gaming and video render to expect.

As my 240 is incompetent when rendering or at recent games.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why 6300 now when Ryzen is available & Ryzen 2200G/2400G going to be launched on 12th Feb(2 days from now)?The question about temps is irrelevant as "Indian summer" requires a well cooled room(at least a decent water cooler/evaporative cooler) just for living comfortably which should be enough for any processor under moderate usage scenarios.Of course extended duration of heavy usage requires a "more well cooled room"(say an AC).

OP
mang

mang

Broken In
I want to keep everything except the proc. As i already mention i need simple upgrade without spending much.

I am worried about the temp because i do not have air con . Room

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then do you have cooler or were you able to sleep/rest in your room comfortable during last Indian summer.If answer is yes then FX6300 should be fine with maybe an extra or two cabinet fans & a good thermal paste.

OP
mang

mang

Broken In
Means i be fine with adding one cabinet fan at the back.
By how much should i expect improvement fx 6300 in converting premiere pro time line to mp4 854x 480 youtube size compare to athlon 240 ? Please.

OP
mang

mang

Broken In
Seems a lot of improvement, atleast on paper.
Then how much electricity bill will inflate ?
As im just hobbyist, cost of electricity matters a lot to me...

Top Bottom