Funny Adobe Acrobat Reader Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
from last few days i am getting a funny problem when ever i start Reader it launches the Windows installer and tryes to install Windows messanger
i am having XP SP1 + AutoPatcher from Digit feb cd ..so it asks for the path for autopatcher but i have already uninstalled Windows msngr using a util ..and also i installed Acrobat much after autopatcher ,moreover whats the connection betn acrobat and msngr ....i have gone thru the preferences but still no use.....now every time i have to cancel the setup 3/4 times and wait for acrobat to launch ...plz help...

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
strange..no one has the Answer for my q ...any ways ..i was thinkin of reinstallin the reader....and gaved repair insted....and guess what..after a complete repair the problem is still there..so guess wll have to reinstall it......any ways thx...

swatkat

Technomancer
fisrt reinstall Adobe Reader, if this does not help, do this,uninstall Windows Messenger completely, after this start Adobe Reader....now, if Windows Installer pops up and starts installing Windows Messenger, let it install....

guide to uninstall Windows Messenger...
*www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_messenger_remove.htm

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Same problem here.... in my case... whenever i start acrobat reader [version 7.0] widows installer reinstalls StyleMaster[a web/CSS editor]... ?????

It's happening from last 2-3 days...

I think Adobe forgot to fix this buf with Acrobat Reader with release of 7.0 also

ShekharPalash said:
Same problem here.... in my case... whenever i start acrobat reader [version 7.0] widows installer reinstalls StyleMaster[a web/CSS editor]... ?????

It's happening from last 2-3 days...

I think Adobe forgot to fix this buf with Acrobat Reader with release of 7.0 also

which windows are u using
and if you are using windowsXp
upgrade it to sp2
and keep the regular updates
and for adobe check for adobe updates and install it
!!!!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Truly weird, I've seen this problem floating around on the Internet and it seems to be unique to SP2 and the Acrobat Reader. It doesn't happen with 6.0 Professional with the latest updates.
I would probably guess that the Acrobat IE helper OCX seems to be tied in with Windows Messenger and every time it loads and looks for the registered plug-ins, it tries to initialize the helper plug-in for IE that somehow seems to put in a call to the Messenger service and since that's unavailable, it tries to install it. As of now, there's no solution from either Microsoft or Adobe.

EDIT: Why dont you check out Adobe Reader 7.0 and see if the problem persists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom