FullView Display + Face unlock

Digit-Brand

The Digit brand team
Admin
Participate in our Honor discussions, post your opinions, get likes on your posts and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33,000 & up to ₹70,000 PayTM cash!

Good news everyone! Brand new Honor 10 and 10 Bluetooth headsets are up for grabs for top commenters on Honor discussion threads. The winners will be announced in the forum on Sep 15. Mark thy calendars!

And that’s not all! There are also weekly prizes in store for you:
  • Rs 200 PayTM cash to 5 users with the most number of posts in Honor discussion threads
  • Rs 200 PayTM cash to 5 users with the most likes on their posts in Honor discussion threads
  • Rs 200 PayTM cash to 5 new users with the most number of posts in Honor discussion threads
  • Rs 1000 PayTM cash given away through lucky draw to one contributor/poster

We'll be announcing and contacting the first round of winners soon. The link for the announcement thread will be provided any time now. So stay tuned to see whether you're amongst the lucky ones!

Without further ado, let’s get started with today’s topic.

If one could create a list of the smartphone trends of 2018, FullView display and face unlock would be right up there. While these features used to be limited to premium smartphones, manufacturers like Honor have managed to bring these features down to the more affordable segment of the market.

According to Honor, there are over 15,000 types of smartphones in the market and 98.4% of them do not have a FullView display, while 99.5% of devices do not offer face unlock. Looking at these statistics, should we assume that most of you guys reading this have a phone with either one, or both these features missing?

Honor’s new smartphone the Honor 7A offers all these features, at a very affordable price. The phone sports a large 5.7-inch display with an aspect ratio of 18:9. As you already know, this makes the phone taller and narrower as compared to devices with similar displays, that sport a traditional 16:9 aspect ratio. As a result, the phone is easier to hold with one hand, while still delivering a big screen experience.

Another feature you get with the Honor 7A is (you guessed it) face unlock. Pretty self-explanatory... Hold your phone in front of your face, and voila, it is unlocked. Of course, the phone also comes with a fingerprint sensor, if you’re old school.

Does your phone have a FullView display? Do you prefer using face unlock or fingerprint sensor? Do you think there is a way existing technology can be improved? Comment below to let the world know.

Honor is always on the lookout for ways to improve their smartphone. So, don’t be surprised if your suggestion gets included in the next Honor phone!

*lh6.googleusercontent.com/N2tq7o3VXR8W_SPWJkj1LdxWdUPYKw1ferPc58aUzNMN5pDYmCsr1VBwRD-YxZcPtSyS5IQA0OCbBPJW-hfKNnYPB0janTu_i93GidYWlOr3y9HUdc8NHOODXabAFAFhfuViqxCaR_Gm3JYDAg

Like we said earlier, post your comments and stand to win an Honor 10 worth ₹33K and up to ₹70,000 PayTM money. For more info, check here in a new tab for more details.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Still use fingerprint scanner. More reliable than that face. Let go of the notches and improve your skin and voila you can beat the likes of Sammy and all.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ Same here. Even though my phone has "face unlock", I haven't even configured it and still use fingerprint scanner. As for improving the existing tech, Vivo ( lol ) has implemented fingerprint scanner under the display on 2 phones. Apple tried to improve face unlock and ended up making a miniaturized xbox kinect sensor (which still isn't 100% secure).

As for "full view" display. Sure, it is good to look at but is more of a marketing gimmick. (Lenovo did hype Z5 to have no bezels but ended up copying the notch anyway). BTW, not all 18:9 screens should be considered as "full view" display. If the bezels are too thin and there is no notch irrespective of the aspect ratio, then it could be called as "full view".

If 2018 has "face unlock" and higher screen to body ratio as trends, 2019's motto should be stock android, 3.5 mm jack, very high battery capacity (> 6000 mAh), dual sim + separate microsd slot and no notch.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
^ Same here. Even though my phone has "face unlock", I haven't even configured it and still use fingerprint scanner. As for improving the existing tech, Vivo ( lol ) has implemented fingerprint scanner under the display on 2 phones. Apple tried to improve face unlock and ended up making a miniaturized xbox kinect sensor (which still isn't 100% secure).

As for "full view" display. Sure, it is good to look at but is more of a marketing gimmick. (Lenovo did hype Z5 to have no bezels but ended up copying the notch anyway). BTW, not all 18:9 screens should be considered as "full view" display. If the bezels are too thin and there is no notch irrespective of the aspect ratio, then it could be called as "full view".

If 2018 has "face unlock" and higher screen to body ratio as trends, 2019's motto should be stock android, 3.5 mm jack, very high battery capacity (> 6000 mAh), dual sim + separate microsd slot and no notch.

Fingerprint scanner under display is not a good idea as per me as a person will have to clean the screen every now and then.
Since you are after bigger battery always, check this
The Doogee BL9000 is a Phone with a Massive 9000mAh Battery

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fingerprint scanner under display is not a good idea as per me as a person will have to clean the screen every now and then.
Since you are after bigger battery always, check this
The Doogee BL9000 is a Phone with a Massive 9000mAh Battery
I won't get any random phone just for getting bigger battery. I need warranty (at least for an year) even on rooted phones and no restrictions on bootloader unlocking to flash custom roms.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Just staaahp with the endless threads, we get itttt...........................
Huawei is unesco approved best company in the world saar

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I won't get any random phone just for getting bigger battery. I need warranty (at least for an year) even on rooted phones and no restrictions on bootloader unlocking to flash custom roms.
Bhai apni company khol lete hai Pio phones lol

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Apologies for the confusion - posts in Honor discussion threads, not comments. Have changed it in the first post of the discussion thread as well.
No need to apologize. Lol.
What I simply meant was that your promotion methods seem very similar to social media marketing. But this forum is not a social media site like Facebook or Twitter, at least not in that sense.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No need to apologize. Lol.
What I simply meant was that your promotion methods seem very similar to social media marketing. But this forum is not a social media site like Facebook or Twitter, at least not in that sense.
Usually I would've merged relevant threads together (like those for Honor 7A). OP might have been instructed to post separate threads (as a brand rep maybe).

Minion

Conversation Architect
Some suggestion for honor phones
1)Don't use heavily modified android they introduce more bugs
2)Most honor phones don't have any kind of video stabilization. They should have included OIS in honor 10.
3) I am not sure about honor but recently huwaie stopped supporting unlocking bootloader which many users will not appreciate
4)Release kernel sources
5)EMUI looks ugly use lighter skins like new Samsung experience or zen UI.
6)Don't try to copy iOS

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
I prefer fingerprint scanner any day over face unlock. Using one plus 5T but never used it's face unlock till date :p

PrashantK007

Journeyman
I prefer fingerprint scanner any day over face unlock. Using one plus 5T but never used it's face unlock till date :p
Yes, this face unlock is not a better option to fingerprint scanner. All good phones should have fingerprint scanner (iPhone 10 lacks it lol and I don't want people to stare at me when I try to unlock my phone).

Charchit Sharma

Journeyman
Full View display, Face Unlock, In-glass fingerprint sensor are the tech trend of 2018. And I believe it still needs betterment. To be honest, the Apple does the best as till today in optimizing and using hardware to the top level, whether it's Face ID or bezel-less with a Notch.

Does your phone have a FullView display?

No, sadly. I'll have one if I win Honor 10. :p

Do you prefer using face unlock or fingerprint sensor?
I have tested both face-unlock and fingerprint sensor and I believe Fingerprint sensor is still more trustworthy if we compare mid-range smartphone as hardware to get good face to unlock needs to better which Apple has included including infrared sensor and dot projector, they focus on more face points accurately than any other smartphone, as I have used OnePlus face unlock and its fast but not that much secure. A fingerprint sensor is the best way as of now to be secure. But its 2018 so Face unlocking it is.
Do you think there is a way existing technology can be improved?
Using better and improved sensors using latest models for recognition(basic ones are HOG method etc).

Dr.Anam

Right off the assembly line
Both fingerprint and face unlock are reliable as the former us unique for every individual and the latter uses AI to detect. My concern here is, what is you're sleeping and someone slowly places your finger to unlock your phone? How would you trust that? You never know if someone does that to you.. I think that there should be an iris detection in the phone. The patterns of the iris in a human eye are also unique for everyone. That's what my opinion is.

Top Bottom