FS- Dell XPS M1210 laptop with GeForce 7400

Status
Not open for further replies.

superczar

-n00b-
The XPS 1210 is a premium Dell thin & light system which got rave reviews when it came out
This has been replaced by the XPS M1330

The system config is:
12.1" WXGA screen, 1.66 ghz Core duo processor, nVidia GeForce Go7400 GPU, 1GB RAM, DVDR, Bluetooth, 6 cell battery, webcam

I also recently (3 months ago) bought a new 9 cell battery worth 5K (which currently has 0% wear) which I will throw in for free

Now please don't compare this price with a regular Acer/Inspiron/Vostro because the XPS series build quality is in a different league altogether with a Mag Alloy casing, flawless screen (no backlight bleed with completely uniform lighting, good viewing angles)

Any questions, feel free to let me know

As for the condition of the machine, the exterior is near flawless with no cosmetic blemishes..
The paintjob on the palmrest area however is faded (looks darkish instead of the shiny silver it used to be when new :p )
Also, There are no dead pixels

Price: 30K

The laptop is 1.5 yrs old and is out of warranty now
Interested buyers can test the system as thoroughly as they want

*img515.imageshack.us/img515/885/xpsnj4.th.jpg

Feel free to ask for more pics if seriously interested

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
@op..

do u think anyone will buy u this from u for 30k??.

its a xps the only thing good abt it..u have been bumping this for a loot of time.

Last edited:
OP
superczar

superczar

-n00b-
don't forget the new 9 cell battery worth 7K
Any used lapto you pick up willl require you to get a new battery soon enough
And the fact this has a discrete GPU

And how di the first bump become equal to lot of bumps :p

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^
:OT:

the batter part is true...

so i give

+
XPS
Battery

-
are many

discreete card..man it is a 7400 ..nowadays x1300 perform like that...

OP
superczar

superczar

-n00b-
And what have you been smoking pal..
Since when did you start getting a laptop with X1300 onboard?

I don't even get the point of the comparison..
The best GPU in a non brick sized (i.e. portable = >14") laptop currently is the Go 8400 (e.g. on the XPS 1330)

A rough comparison of the performance can be drawn from their respective 3dmark05 scores whcih are in the range of ~2400 for the 8400 and ~1800 for the 7400

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
hehehh my bad...

i meant the GMA X3100 ...

ur lappy is fantastic man..no args abt that... just ur pricing is at fall thats all...

OP
superczar

superczar

-n00b-
C'mon man, The X3100 is absolutely no match for the Go7400
The X3100 stutters even on far cry at medium-high settings

In fact that is the reason why I stated right at the beginning of the thread that ther is no pint comparing an XPS with an Inspiron or an Acer Travelmate since even ignoring the config, the build quality , screen, clarity etc. on the XPS series are top notch

the only problem with the lappy is the paint fade on the inner palmrest area but I am guessing the new battery more than makes up for that flaw

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^
:OT:

for a second hand laptop buying person do u thing he wants far cry is of the only essence.
This is a mobile one..very compact..price it somewhere in 25k shipped or 23k region it will go like whoom...

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Make the price i said main.... its worth it..i am pretty sure

coz a lappy1.5 years old in that config..max i would give is 20k... the new bat and xps makes it 5k more worthy...

OP
superczar

superczar

-n00b-
A comparably configured XPS 1330 (that replaced the 1210) with a 8400 (instead of 7400) comes close to 70K incl. taxes

Having said that , I would still be willing to negotiate with a genuine buyer

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^
thats just lame man.... :angry:

its still available ..my bad

Last edited:

sibot

I did it all for d n00ki3
A comparably configured XPS 1330 (that replaced the 1210) with a 8400 (instead of 7400) comes close to 70K incl. taxes

Having said that , I would still be willing to negotiate with a genuine buyer

Since you've made the sale...so

Correction - 60k inclusive of taxes.

Which includes
2.16 Ghz Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
160 GB HDD
9 Cell Batt
8400GS
DVDRW

Which I really don't think is comparable to your rigg.

There is a very easy 1k difference between 3dMark05 scores of 7400 and 8400. Atleast a 2 times difference between the both. Its 1.5 years old with no warranty.

But all in all not a bad deal for someone whose looking for a 2nd hand portable laptop, just a bit too overpriced.

OP
superczar

superczar

-n00b-
I wonder what that was...anyway, the total for the config you specified comes to 65630 after taxes & shipping for Chennai.
I am guessing it should be comparable elsewhere too...

I understand thread crapping if someone prices a product at more then the market price, or at nearly the same level..I just don't get why it happened on this one :confused: :x

There's a guy on this forum who recently got a used XPS M1210 for 45K
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97246

I really wouldn't comment on the price he bought it for, but I guess that makes it amply clear why this price isn't bad at all...

and Nopes Madjeri, I haven't sold the machine as yet....
I'll wait another week or two to see if I can sell it else I'll gift it to someone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom