Friend leaving to US this weekend. Any imp list of things that he needs to carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
My friend will be leaving to US this weekend. Are there any things that he needs to carry over there from here which will not be available in US. Couple of things that I need to check.
1. Can he use his SE W 700i there? Just like how we get SIM cards here in India do we get the same kind of thing in US or does he have to sign up for a plan that requires him to purchase a new mobile with the connection?
2. Should he buy an international calling card from here itself or can he buy it online in US? Which one would be better?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
1. Can he use his SE W 700i there? Just like how we get SIM cards here in India do we get the same kind of thing in US or does he have to sign up for a plan that requires him to purchase a new mobile with the connection?
I believe there are a new GSM networks there but I haven't yet tried to use a Phone from here there so not sure. Most plans provide a basic phone for free anyway although its crappy it does get the job done.

2. Should he buy an international calling card from here itself or can he buy it online in US? Which one would be better?
Go with one or two calling cards from here although its expensive it will satisfy your need till you find a store (Indian Store most likely) which gives out Calling cards specifically to India. For $2 cards I believe we used to get 20-30 minutes. however you do not want to try disconnecting from a call once made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom