Free Online Scanners?

Wud u prefer online scan or install software scan?

• Install software and scan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hikapil

Journeyman
I think installing a good software and then Scan your system is a good option then Going for an online Scanning

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
But the prob here is that I have an old system, which cant take in that much of power to load all of it.Its P-133mhz, 64mb ram.....

But do u know any of the online scans ?

:lol:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hope this helps.

*www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

*www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus

*www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

and what I consider the best AV suite around:

*housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
But the prob here is that I have an old system, which cant take in that much of power to load all of it.Its P-133mhz, 64mb ram.....

though u have a very slow PC but u have a gr8 fast net conection....... tell me what conection dou use?? & how long does it takes??

swatkat

Technomancer
Online Scanning has it's pros and cons...
Thier Virus database is always uptodate, hence better virus detection dates...but, the bad thing is that connection should be fast.....

for a system like ur's, it's better u install AVG or AntiVir as they r very light.....
as far as online scanner goes, Trend Micro's House Call and CA's eTrust WebScan r the better ones....
*housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
*www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I guess one of the biggest cons against online scanners is that the Internet connection is one of the first things to go when some viruses hit. :D

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
saurav_cheeta said:

though u have a very slow PC but u have a gr8 fast net conection....... tell me what conection dou use?? & how long does it takes??

Thats the 1 i have registrd as the loging here on this site.. Its a 256kpbs connection from BSNL. Dont trust them I'm not getting that much of speed.... Any way its always online so thats an added benefit because u dont have to count eggs and dimes on the dial up connec.......

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom