Free Apps for locking videos and photos on Android

Charley

Just Do It
I was using Applock. Now it doesn't work, as all videos and photos show it does't exist.

Which are the free safe apps I can use?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
By locking do you mean hiding?

I personally use Hide It Pro, it appears in your phone as "Audio Manager" and you can access the actual app via a hidden mechanism and a code.

Link: Hide Photos, Video and App Lock - Hide it Pro - Apps on Google Play

K_akash_i

Journeyman
file explorer >long click >rename>change extension to .rar /.obb or something & name like a random file>next time u want to open it long press >click "open with" did with es file explorer app years back,it would prolly work on any file explorer
so it would look as a random file and normaly none would be able open it without knowing what kinda file it is
but its just hiding tho

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
By locking do you mean hiding?

I personally use Hide It Pro, it appears in your phone as "Audio Manager" and you can access the actual app via a hidden mechanism and a code.

Link: Hide Photos, Video and App Lock - Hide it Pro - Apps on Google Play

Yes, I want to hide with a password or drawing pattern and only I want to access it.

AppLock used to do it. Now it doesn't work.

Many reviewers using hide it pro mentioned they have lost pics, videos.

Are you facing this problem?

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No, at least not yet. Basically how Hide it pro works is that it moves your data to a hidden location somewhere in the data directory in your storage. So, if you can find it you can recover all your files. They are not encrypted IIRC just that they don't appear in your gallery.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
No, at least not yet. Basically how Hide it pro works is that it moves your data to a hidden location somewhere in the data directory in your storage. So, if you can find it you can recover all your files. They are not encrypted IIRC just that they don't appear in your gallery.

Ok. Are you using the paid version or free?

Top Bottom