Dynamic seasons, synchronised for every player. Lakes freeze during winter etc
Shared open world, other drivers you see in the world are other players
60fps mode
Quick-chat is added for the open world
Seamless co-op
World events, Forzathon Live. Gives out rewards for doing them

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Since NFS is going down the drain, Forza is the only good alternative.
Do these car companies pay MS to feature their cars in the game or is it otherwise in the form of license fees and all?

OP
Cyberghost

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Bunch of details:
*i.imgur.com/sXTweai.jpg
*i.imgur.com/HT8a063.jpg​

Known Locations:

"Historic Britain"
Confirmed Regions:

Scotland
Edinburgh seen in trailer
Map Size: Ralph Fulton says that it will be approximately the same size as the Forza Horizon 3 map.

Full Launch Car List:

Cover Cars: McLaren Senna & 1997 Land Rover Defender 90
100 manufacturers, 450 cars.
Weather and Terrain Details:

New Dynamic Seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Clear skies, snow, rain, thunderstorms confirmed.
Dry, wet, icy, snowy, muddy conditions.
Asphalt, dirt roads, grassy fields and hills, cities
Temperature plays an effect on the handling of the car
Campaign:

Horizon Superstar Mode where you choose your path to becoming the best racer.
Single Player and Co-Op confirmed
Route Creator:

Design your own custom races anywhere in the world and share them with the community.
Touted as "most fan-requested feature".
Customization Options:

Appears to be everything from older Forzas
Drift Suspension upgrades
Driver personalization (clothing, emotes, and more)
Players can own property
Unlock new items, gear and gameplay perks
Social:

Special events will occur throughout the lobby sessions
Co-Op Campaign confirmed
Casual and Ranked lobbies
Mixer Support for Spectating features
72 player servers!
Horizon Life/Horizon Stories:

In Horizon Life you’ll be able to earn progress in the game… and level up and get rewards through any of those activities,” says Brown. “If all you want to do is paint, the game will recognise that; it will give you objectives and challenges and rewards, and you can level up and see all the game’s content just through being a painter. It’s the ultimate evolution of Forza’s play-how-you-want philosophy. If all you want to do is paint, the game will recognise that... It’s the ultimate evolution of Forza’s play-how-you-want philosophy.

Brown explains we’ll be able to pick up gigs like being a stunt driver in a movie, or assisting in a car documentary shoot.

Seasons change everything’ sounds like a neat tagline, but it’s a really honest description of what actually happens from season to season… in our game

It’s not an online-only game. As much as this is a shared-world game, and we believe it’s much better played with other people, you can totally just click a button and play the entire game in single player with Drivatars.

Can buy home!

FH3 was great, but I would still like to see some good story in racing games. NFS Underground 1 & 2, MW & Carbon were some good racing games. I even liked The Crew (not much hope from Crew 2 as it is going Forza Horizon way).

gameranand

Living to Play
Problem with Microsoft is their persistence on releasing games only on MS Store which is a $hitstorm without a doubt.

Forgot this thread existed. I play FH4 a few times every week, so if anyone else wants to play can ping me. At endgame, I just complete weekly Festival challenges & do online PvP races.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
is there any chance that other M$ xbox games like gears of war 4 might be released for steam as well in future?
I think only Microsoft knows that. Microsoft is releasing games on Steam very reluctantly because adoption of their own services is poor. Same with EA, hardly anyone uses Origin.

Apparently steam version of FH4 is shit. Not sure why it needed porting when a PC version was available, guess UWP is the reason. MS could have implemented account linking like ubisoft & EA, i.e. your steam purchase gets added to your Xbox account. This would have helped those who played it for 3 months on cheap XGP to buy the game as well. Many would prefer no UWP, including me & that is something that MS needs to do IMO.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I am loving this with a controller. Keyword is controller. This is my first experience playing with a modern controller, with analog sticks.
The driving experience has blown me away. I didn't know the throttle sound changes depending on how much its pressed! With keyboard its either 100 or 0 .

I highly highly recommend playing with a controller. I got the xbox one, but a redgear one available only should also be a good one.
Unfortunately game itself is annoying with the open world, with fast travel being locked away and limited. I ended up with the ahem version, which is a shame as I really want online..

Top Bottom