For the Strategic Game Lovers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Lots of!! Browse through initial pages. And there are also hundreds of threads on AOE in games section. Just do a search for it.

Is there any taker for Zoo Tycoon2? Right now, I have started playing its campaigns. Any sure shot tip to win them quickly? Which are the researches that are very much useful and critical in making my zoo 'amusing' 8) 8) and also raising my savings :p ? There are too many options available but with too little bank balance :( .

How about zoo keeper? Once I got two american beaver to help them survive. I assigned one and a half zoo keepers (yeah, one full-time zoo-keeper and another one maintaining another zebra-cage simultaneously :D 8) :D ) to keep their cage clean. Still the cage of american beaver cage was getting dirty and suddenly one beaver died without any disease :roll: :shock: :roll: . I lost the campaign :evil: :evil: . Help me to understand the scenario.

rohanbee

Padawan
Hi sumitava good to see that this thread is still alive and not relegated to the archives of this forum......
Wanted to pick up zoo tycoon too but dont think it has too much replay value. How long have you been at it. I will buy it if i see you playing it non-stop for at least 10 days. What say you??

OP
S

sumitava_b

In the zone
Hi Rohan, nice to see u around after a long time.

You will like Zoo Tycoon2 if u like roller coaster series. they r almost of same type, except that in zoo, u have to manage living animals, sometime it's as unmanageable as dinosure (Another hell of a jurrasic park!! :twisted: :twisted: ). It has got a quite number of campaigns which will engage u for a few days, for a sure. Initially the campaigns r real easy walk, but things start to be difficult with ur progress.

Yes, I agree that zoo tycoon lacks in replayability :? :? . In fact, I think all such type of games lack there. Once u get the crack points of the game, then that's it. U can apply them again and again to win the scenarioes. This is because there is no dynamicness in the game as time progresses. Once u set the zoo, then u can just sit back and watch it to achieve the target. Yeah, things can be a bit nasty if a carnivorous gets out of its exhibit....!!

Honestly speaking, I would not press anyone to buy this game. But if u r a hardcore strategy games buff, then it is something that u should not miss too.

Anyway, along with zoo tycoon, I have started playing Sid Meier's Pirates. Man, it's fabulous..! I really liked the idea of the game.There are so many modes there....And the most important aspect of it is that it is very much multi-directional game. There is no "mandatory" goals. U can choose ur career what u want it to be. There are numerous mini-games there in which u will be thrust into a different genre. Among them the most difficult is winning the heart of a beautiful daughter of a governor :twisted: 8) :twisted: :p . This is a must-have game if u love strategy+RPG.

azhararmar

Broken In
I have Played StarCraft, Broodwar,Warcraft,Frozenthrone,Age of Empires2, Rise of Nations,Throne and Patriots the Expansion, Red Alert2, Rome Total War, Tiberian Sun, Age of Mythology, Battle for troy. I really Love Strategy Games.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys i heard abt a game called Diablo (Well i know its too old but i am amazed it too popular). Have anybody of u played it? Hows it. Wat are the minimum System Requirments needed?

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Diablo is a very old game so its system requirements are pretty low. I think its a Pentium 100 Mhz, 16MB RAM and 1MB video card...
FYI, Diablo is an RPG not a strategy game. Its one of the best RPGs out there. Also try Diablo II.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Wats the system requirment for Diabloe 2?? Sorry i know this post is completely misplaced but since i have asked a question releating Diablo I i am continung it

Hells_Fury

In the zone
Minimum requirements for Single Player are:
Code:
Windows® 2000, 95, 98, or NT 4.0 Service Pack 5
Pentium® 233 or equivalent
32 MB RAM
650 MB available hard drive space
4X CD-ROM drive
DirectXâ„¢ compatible video card

MalcolmX

Right off the assembly line
has Any1 here played this game called Evil genius it had come in the latest issue of skoar! so i like wanna know if any of u guys here found it good or likeable if u have played it
Ani

merawalaid

Broken In
wow guys!, 15 pages!!
hmm... so we got a lot of strategy gamers here.
Why do't we ask Digit to make a collection of all the cool free strategy games out there on sites such as www.tucows.com etc.
some of these games are pretty good although they are developed by amatures/small companies.
may be they can come out with a "strategy special" edition (at least in the CD/DVD)

moshel

Padawan
MalcolmX said:
has Any1 here played this game called Evil genius it had come in the latest issue of skoar! so i like wanna know if any of u guys here found it good or likeable if u have played it
Ani

the demo of evil genius had come in the digit dvd all the way in october 2004.

i liked the game but its not something which gets u gripped to it.

job9434

Broken In
i am a fan of warcraft 3 and frozen throne . i want to know whether the world of warcraft is same as warcraft 3 . can i play that game offline huh

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
World Of Warcraft or WOW as it's popularly known is not similar to Warcraft 3. WOW is a MMORPG i.e. it's a Massivley Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. And it can't be played offline. You need to buy the game and then subscribe to play it.

Find more about it at www.worldofwarcraft.com

P3PoweR

Broken In
Does anybody have Rise of Nations:thrones and patriots? Awesome man....It has Indians with cool characters....Way cool....I just love it with all my heart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom