For NOKIA 6708 users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
If you are a current NOKIA 6708 USER (and NOT someone who has just read reviews from various forums or magazines) please do share your thoughts on this cell phone.

I've recently bought it and am very happy with it's permormance...I personally feel that it beats any of the N series phones that nokia has released...I say this after having used N91 and having chekced out several other N seris phones...the 6708 has a touch screen & an absolutely fantastic speaker that'll put any of the much hyped Sony cellphone speakers to shame...another very neat feature of this phone is that you can also make or receive calls at the same time while you are surfing the net with this phone connected to the PC that too WITHOUT the internet connection being disconnected...anyway if you are a current Nokia 6708 user lets share tips n tricks on this cool cell phone as there are far too many features and software available for this gardget, so we can get the max out of this baby.

Last edited:

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
the phone is very stupid and i dumped after using it for 4 terrible hours
cant imagine nokia can create blunders
its hammer like body ewwwww
the stupid outlay of buttons yuk
the irritating weight so i sold it away

OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
wow...u figured out that the phone is "stupid" in just "4 hours" & also "dumped it"...u must be an expert in mobile phones, as well as extremely rich person...would you be so kind as to provide some real expert comments that stretch beyond the vocabulary of "stupid" & "ewwww"?

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Hey Caleb, could you tell me the features and specifications of this handset. From what you're telling, it sounds mighty interesting. Also tell me how much you purchased it for.

OP
caleb

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Crazyfrog,
Sorry I did not reply earlier as I was stuck with some work in the office for the past few days...well re.6708...I won't go into the exact specs as I'm sure the Nokia website will do a better job than I can...however I'd like to highlight a few points.
a) for a Smartphone with a pretty large screen and lot of power consuming features the battery life is excellent...i.e. I go thru one single charge the whole day (approx 14 hours) while my airtel gprs is (internet) is on for most part of the day (approx (8 hours) as surf the net either on the net or the phone itself....also it gives talk time upto 6 hours considering all the power hungy features on this phone.
b) The download speeds are pretty decent for a phone without EDGE...I'm currently getting 10kbps download speed...I have downloaded several drivers, manuals & other software directly onto my 6078 while travelling or at work and than I come home to dump it onto my PC...the recent download was the 40.3MB Nvidia 91.47 driver for my graphics card...I have Airtel to thank for this as they are offering 24 hour internet conenction thru mobile office for just Rs.7 a day....that INCLUDES unlimted data transfer i.e. upload or download
c) The speaker of the phone is damn loud ...much louder than any of the Sony Walkmen series or the Nokia N series phones...that too with excellent quality...you have to hear it to believe it
d)It has word, excel, power point & pdf features infact you can copy paste any of those from your PC to 6708 without any data loss or corruption...a pretty neat & handy feature.
e) you can send or rcv email WITH attachments
f) I've downloaded the entire MATRIX Reloaded movie on to my phone (after converting it to 3GP) + the ABBA & BoneyM videos...I watch these while travelling to work at the same time the downloads are also taking place from the net.
g) For a smartphone the gaming is pretty amazing...you have to play StuntCar (preloaded on the phone) to believe it plus there are loads of games available (both free n paid) which can be played on this phone
Although 6708 does sport a 1.3 megapixel camera with flash I'd like to say that no matter which mobile one is purchasing NEVER buy a camera because it has a camera coz camera phone are toys any decent Rs.500 film camera will beat any mobile camera regardless of the so called megapixels...(I say this as my hobby & passion is photography for the past 12 years also the censors in the mobile phone cameras are way too small to take advantage of the increasing megapixels...so if someone says their mobile phone has 3 megapixels...just remember that it doesn't mean a thing)
Finally all the above are what I like about this phone but obviously one has to make a decsion based on their requirements, having said that if you are going to buy ANY phone around Rs.20000 do have a look at this phone before you buy any other phone as this has EVERYTHING regardless of what your need is...so next time you shop give it a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom