Flipkart - extremely terrible, irresponsible, etc in case of Refunds!

varunb

Working in an IT company
I don't know whether any of you have faced this but I have realized Flipkart is no better than those pathetic infibeams & other ecommerce players in the Indian market. I am surprised to say that even Homeshop18 is leagues ahead when it comes to refunds. Here the story:

Back in November last year I had cancelled my preorder of AC3 PC dvd. Few days later I checked back into my flipkart account to see the status & it was mentioned Refunded. Then in Jan this year when I checked my bank account statement I found no mention of Flipkart's refund. I enquired my bank only to find out that flipkart hasn't refunded my amount yet. This is shocking to me because the status in my account said the opposite. I immediately raised a complaint on Jan 29 on Flipkart & it indeed turned out to be true that Flipkart hasn't initiated the refund. I was assured on the call that it would be refunded back into my Flipkart wallet in max 2 working days. Guess what, there wasn't any refund even after 2 days. From then onwards, I had called flipkart atleast 4-5 times & everytime I got this same generic reply that the amount would be refunded in max 24 hours or 48 hours.

Today I called Flipkart again & gave them a piece of my mind & some lady from another department assured me that it would be refunded in 1 HOUR & that such irresponsible behavior would be taken care of. I even got a reply of my flipkart tweet that it would take only "few hours". Now you all can pretty much guess whether I have received the amount or not.

Does any one you have any suggestions what my next step should be? I will be calling them again tomorrow & shout at them.

NOTE: I found another guy on facebook who told me that he hasn't received his refund since September last year :shock:

tkin

Back to school!!
Threaten them with consumer court and lodge a complaint, what they had done is robbery, just due their @$$ off.
Rather post on their FB page first, they seem to response very fast there.

Last edited:
OP
V

varunb

Working in an IT company
Well those idiots transferred the money but they themselves didn't know that they had transferred the refund back to my bank account instead of the flipkart wallet which I had specified. All I got was excuses that their was software glitches, etc etc.

Top Bottom