[FIXED] Input lag & low framerate issue with Forza Horizon 4 on LG C9 TV (1080p | GTX 1060)

I am considering buying the LG C9 very soon. I am going to use it for 1080p gaming (via my laptop - that has a GTX 1060 graphics card) and watching movies & shows.
I went to an LG store today. I connected my laptop and mirrored ("duplicated") its display to the TV. The laptop was also connected to its power adapter.

I soon noticed that Forza Horizon 4 (which normally gives me a stable 60 FPS @ 1080p on my laptop) was running at 30 FPS. It also had some really terrible input lag.
I made sure "Game mode" was on.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried a few other games - NFS Heat, Far Cry 5. They did not have any frame rate issue, nor input lag.

Only Forza Horizon 4 seemed to suffer from it. Can someone please tell me why? I am really looking forward to playing it on the TV.
Googling did not help me much!

Steps to reproduce:
1. Connected my laptop (Windows 10 + GTX 1060) and "duplicated" its display (1080p) to the TV.
2. Ran Forza Horizon 4. Res: 1080p. Vsync: Both on & off. Frame rate cap: 60.
3. TV picture set to "Game mode".
Result: Game runs at 30 FPS. Terrible input lag (both from wired controller & laptop's keyboard).

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Is it possible for you try without mirroring and select TV as main display, keep monitor screen off and check the FPS again.
I would have suspected lower frame rates cause of different refresh rates but then you are saying FC5 was running fine. Which laptop model you are using?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always select tv/external screen as "primary/only display" when doing anything gaming/video playback related instead of mirroring as it solves many potential issues.

OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
Thank you guys for your replies.
I will try what you suggested. It may take me a bit of time to gain access to the TV though. Hopefully on this weekend...

@TheSloth Asus ROG.

OP
gdebojyoti

gdebojyoti

AFOL
Tried out the game again; and this time it worked. However, it wasn't just selecting "Second screen only". I had to disable motion smoothing ("TruMotion" or whatever it is called) as well. Last, but not the least, "Game mode" should be enabled (did this the first time around, too).

Tried out the game again; and this time it worked. However, it wasn't just selecting "Second screen only". I had to disable motion smoothing ("TruMotion" or whatever it is called) as well. Last, but not the least, "Game mode" should be enabled (did this the first time around, too).
Yeah, those motion smoothening are not good, usually hampers stuff. But my Panasonic TV at home disables it for PC input by default.

Top Bottom