First Person Shooter Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
First Person Shooter Tips and Tricks

I am now totally addicted to Counter Strike:Condition Zero and as my previous thread say "N00b in FPS Game" now I am "Somewhat good in FPS game"...I searched over Internet and had compiled this First Person Shooter Tips and Tricks Thread..I copied from this place and that place and some I wrote with myself..so here is the compiled result...I request u all to share all your tricks and tips here..

1. Turn down sensitivity on the controller. Alot of gamers think that you should turn up sensitivity, but thats a bad strategy. Why, because when you turn up the sensitivity, the slightest touch of the mouse (or controller) throws off the aim and means you will more than likely miss your shot. However with sensitivity turned down when you move the mouse it will not move as much and therefore u get a more consistent shot. It takes alot of getting used to, but when you have done it for a while you will realize the many advantages that come with it.

2. Never stop moving… ever. Unless you are sniping somebody and are in a very secure spot (hopefully with backup), you must always, always be moving. It makes you a harder target to hit, and will make snipers hate you. If you are in a gunfight: jump, crouch, strafe - until somebody dies, but until then, never stop your movement.

3. Never move linearly. In other words, moving just up down left and right will more than likely end up with you getting shot because it becomes predictable and easy to shoot at. Instead, start moving, up left, and down right, and around.

4. Know your environment. If it even means to die a few times walking around the level and getting pawned, ensure that you know the level so good that you can tell exactly where u are just by the position of the coffee mug being on the left or the table or on the right of the table. That way, when you need to run away, you can run properly, when you are strafing you wont strafe into a wall and you will be able to make a pretty good guess of where its likely somebody would be sniping you from if somebody is sniping.

5. Use grenades. Grenades help by forcing people to run away, providing you with good covering fire. Giving you time to reload or allowing u to hurt multiple targets which can then be taken down with 1 or 2 bullets. If you are running into a room and not sure about whats happening in there, throw a grenade into the room and then run in. If you are being attacked by multiple ppl it will force them to split up. Before you go around a corner into a courtyard that you know will more than likely have people in there, throw a grenade in there first.Dont waste your grenades… These are very powerful and will help out greatly in fighting because they can do all that is listed above.

6. Set buttons that you will use frequently close by. Crouch, jump, grenade, switch weapon, reload… These buttons should all be within arms length because you will more than likely have to use them regularly. Dont put useless buttons close, for example you really dont need the use button to be something close because more than likely you’ll be in a relaxed enough environment that you can simply move from fight mode to just press it and it wont get you killed. Flashlight is another waste of a button. Especially if its on a level where chances are you wont be using it (which is what happens 90% of the time). Maybe during story mode you will use it, but in multiplayer, i guarantee you, you will be using it much less than you think

7. Reloading is slow, dont do it unless absolutely necessary and you are in a situation where you can reload. Alot of people have the habit of reloading in the middle of a firefight and then of course getting their heads shot off because they reload and forget they are doing everything else (also remember to refer to rule 2, reloading doesn’t mean your character will stop moving, you are free to reload and jump skip hop and anything else you want to in the middle of the reload). The best way to do this is actually to switch weapons instead of reloading, and only save reloading for times when all your weapons are on empty. If you are in a firefight and your rifle runs out of ammo, switch to your side-arm and continue pumping led, if the guy still isnt dead and you need to reload, throw a grenade (force him to take his attention off of you), and then proceed to do your reload. If you dont have grenades, switch to your side arm, keep firing but run away while you are firing and then when you are safe (behind a wall, crate, etc.) do your reload then. If all else fails, rush in kamikaze style and use melee attacks, chances are you might surprise your opponent so much they will leave you just that opening you need to take them out. But dont stand in the middle of the damn courtyard and reload.

8. Walk. Yup thats it, use the walk button. This is important especially in games like call of duty, and counter strike etc. Walk enables you to have that element of surprise, it enables you to move around without being detected and it keeps your weapon steady. If you are going after a sniper, it will more than likely make sense to walk to that sniper becuz if you run he will hear your footsteps in quick enough time to switch to a secondary weapon, throw a few grenades, or relocate and pull his knife and stab the crap out of you, the possibilities are endless. When you walk, you can go right up to that camper and pull your knife, and have away with him in anyway you want… you can even add a victory teabag or something, just to let him know just how pwned he is. However you dont want to walk in a fast paced game such as Unreal however or when you want to get somewhere pretty fast (duh!).

9. Dont stay in zoom mode. This is a very n00b (please note the difference between n00b and newb), mistake that people make. They imagine that because they are using a sniper rifle or a rifle with zoom on it, you should stay zoomed so that you will always be ready to fire… RUBBISH. When you zoom in you make your total viewing area smaller, making it easy for somebody if they are skilled enough to just go into your blindspot and just kill you.

10. Use a silencer - This goes mostly for games like counterstrike where you are trying to be covert. If you have a silencer you can easily kill people and nobody would be the wiser. You can miss a shot at somebody and they wont realize that somebody was shooting at them, giving u enough time to try another shot. You can take out a member of a team storming your base and their teammates wont realize because they didnt hear the shot. Silencers make u ninja-riffic.

11. Headshot, Headshot, Headshot. This is probably the most important tip you can get in the fps world. A headshot almost guarantee’s you a one hit kill, and if it doesnt you will take off at least 95% of your opponents life and the next bullet that hits him will finish off the job. Always aim for neck and head, if they are wearing a helmet, dont worry, it wont do them much help anyway. Practice aiming for the head, make it be second nature to aim for the head. Chest, arms and leg-shots dont do as much as a headshot will do.

12. One word! PRACTICE!

13. Get a broadband connection. You want to have the best connection that you can get, so that you have a minimal latency. You should consider a minimum DSL connection to ensure a stable latency.

14. Make sure your headphones are on properly. As silly as this sounds, it's very important because you should be able to hear enemy fire near by and be able to judge where it's coming from, or hear their footsteps and know where they're at.some quite good gamers even hear the sound of reloading weapon and judge where their enemy is standing..

I will update this list as soon as I come in contact with any new tips and tricks till then if u find any new tips from your own side post it here..

toofan

Technomancer
I know from where you copied this. Its word to word same. but this is a good post you made which will help many.
Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom