First budget Dx 10 Card by nVidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

Finally, mortals like some of us don't need to sell kidney(s) to get a 8800 GTX.
nVidia 8600 cards are rumored to be out in march.
Here's an extract from gizmodo
Budget gamers listen up. Before you spend your life savings on a new 8800 GTX video card, you may want to wait for Nvidia's new midrange 8600 cards, which are rumored to be out in March. The 8600 GT, which will have a 350MHz core and come with 256MB of RAM, will go for about $150. Other cards like the high mid-range 8600 Ultra and the entry-level 8300 GS will go for $179 and $79 each. The pricing and release date aren't official, but even if they're somewhat on the mark, we think they'll be worth the wait. – Louis Ramirez

and guru3d says:
The specifications on the GeForce 8600GT and GeForce 8600 Ultra have been revealed with respective price points at an great $150 and $180 USD. When launched these will be the cheapest DirectX 10 compliant cards on the market.

The prices are really competitive and will most likely drive the price of DX9 cards way down significantly. The launch date for these cards is about the same as for when ATI will launch R600, that is, around CeBIT at the second week of March. I do have some doubts about the validity of these specs as there is no valid source .. but if it's true (and granted it looks like it), including that photo of the XFX card .. that 8600 Ultra looks really nice. And that GT ... that looks like the sweet spot for a nice overclocking card for sure.

Guru3D has pricing details too.

Now I can drop the idea of getting a 7600GT :D

premsharma

In the zone
Indyan said:
So the street price in India should be about Rs8,000 for 8600 GT, considering due to taxes etc hardware prices in India is generally a little higher.

This good news was given to me by Digit Test Center, who said in March 8600 cards to be released @ 8000 - 12000. I happen to call them up for advise on buying card. I was advised to either wait or make a stop gap arrangement like ATI X300SE. I found one by techcom for Rs 2500 at delhi.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Muhawhawhaw:twisted: already posted kool dude:D:D:D

Nvidia Readies GeForce 8800 GTS for $299 - $349 – Rumour

its updated:D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I just sold my 6600gt and got a new dual core system , now summing up some money to buy a low/mid :( range 8 series card.

Pathik

Google Bot
+taxes.. But still i cant believe they r so cheap.. Esp wen dx9 cards are still so costly

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
im happy atleast someone noticed it :D:D:D:D

the orig. news was old, but i had updated the orig. post with latest news, so all guys just read the topic & went away. $299-$349:D:D:D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
blackpearl said:
The entry level card for only $79!! Thats just about Rs3800.

Dont just convert $ to Rs directly , as it will not be the price we will pay . 8800gts costs 16-17k in US if we do the direct conversion, but its 30-35K in India.

Edburg

In the zone
Now I can drop the idea of getting a 7600GT :D

If you keep waiting you will be waiting forever.Like after a month AMD will lauch their R600.And then again both companies may revise their products and so on.

And besides the prices in India are going to be much higher than what is in US.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
btw i dont think that the card will be released in india simultaneously with the worldwide release so it might take time than expected...

OP
S

SE><IE

Edburg said:
If you keep waiting you will be waiting forever.Like after a month AMD will lauch their R600.And then again both companies may revise their products and so on.
c'mon man, I'm already waiting cuz of moolah :p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
cool.....i can almost see the specs of my next gen PC (under construction from 3 years:D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom