firewire port on compaq presario

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i own a compaq presario 2517at laptop...it has an unusual firewire port...the shape n size of the port is same as that on my camcorder (not like the usb port)...i kno dat the connector on the camcorder is small...but the port on the laptop should resemble usb.....

is there any special adaptor required to plug in ieee1394 devices to the laptop?? i have the port pics...how do i upload them on this thread??

i am unable to find a cable for this....

plz help me.....

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
there is a special cable u need for this operation caleed the firewire cable( ieee 1394)
.contact the service centre of the brand on camcorder u own and they will suppply u with this firewire cable.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well buddy.....the thing is....d connector on d camcorder is standard...am am getting d cable...prob is the connector on the laptop......its unusual......plz lemme kno..if ne1 has this kinda small connector on the laptop.....

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I think thine thing is the Compaq has 4 pin Firewire port but the Camcorder ( like my sony ) needs 6 pin firewire port...
Do this simple thing ...get a 4 pin to 6 pin firewire cable and you are way to heaven :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
:) dont bother with Local vendors ....they wont get you anywhere....just shoot baazee.com and u can easily get the cable there...
Happy hunting....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom