firewall doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_007

Padawan
will the installation of firewall in my pc will slow down the speed of internet? if no then which is the best firewall available?

swatkat

Technomancer
will the installation of firewall in my pc will slow down the speed of internet?
No.............
Get urself Kaspersky AntiHacker, simple yet efficient firewall....
if u want a free one, then go for ZoneAlarm Free Firewall or Kerio Personal Firewall......

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I wud recommend Zone Alarm and a Good Spyware detector like Adaware SE or Spybot and a good antivirus like Norton, AVG, Avast or McAfee. All shud be updated regularly.

Well check out the following thread for more info : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13846

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
A propery configured single Firewall will never slow down your internet. Leaving windows xp firewall on with that too especially after SP2 will definatly solow down your internet.
ZoneAlarm works like acharm and it not bloated at all.

firewall

In the zone
well.. if you are using windows so you are always missing best firewalls ;) LOL

anyway try OutPost its far better then that zonelarm :)

:)

imprince

Journeyman
HHHHHHmmmmm,,, ZOne Alarm ,,, friends plz tell me what are da main features of this firewall.... and what make it different from other firewals

theraven

Technomancer
*www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.htm
check that and decide for urself
link courtesy icecoolz
also there was another security threat ... a means of bypassing a firewall ..
and this was checked in za ...
other firewalls are still prone to it
i cant exactly explain this .. and i cant seem to find the link ..
so ill post again after i find it

btw for deciding on a firewall u have to see its performance ... not its features and how it is diff from other firewalls ..
even tho they are important ... the main point is how secure is the firewall

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
like raven said check the link. Also if ur a complete newbie to firewalls then I would suggest Zone Alarm. Simply because of the ease of use. Look 'n' stop is higly configurable however because of this feature its not easy to use.

Ur firewall is a layer thru which all requests are routed thru. Once the permissions are set then this will just watch the traffic and nothing more. Hence it wont slow down ur speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom