FireTV data and video issues

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I have just bought a FireTV stick for mostly streaming and mirroring from mobile.

After the initial setup, I found that the stick went through my daily limit of 1GB in less than an hour.

Also, I am not able to play videos from Amazon prime. It displays a Network Connection error. And the home is set to US content, unlike my mobile where it is set to Indian content.
Thank you.

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I am signing in with my Amazon account which I created long back around 2010, which may explain the US content at Home. I did try setting my timezone to India. I also changed such relevant settings in amazon.com/mycd.

I am still looking for solutions.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Video quality is set on the device, not on your account. There are 3 quality options available.

You can try a local account with Amazon Prime. Do they offer free one month like other services. That's the only thing I could think of at the moment.

OP
lywyre

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Video quality is set on the device, not on your account. There are 3 quality options available.

You can try a local account with Amazon Prime. Do they offer free one month like other services. That's the only thing I could think of at the moment.
I already have prime subscription. Prime videos on my mobile and desktop are working fine (Amazon's Indian content). I am using the same account on this stick.

But you have given me a good idea. I will create a new account and try the 30-day trial.

Top Bottom