FireFox-Rediff access problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

selva1966

Journeyman
I am not able to access rediff.com in Firefox. I can access the site in opera and IE. Is any one facing this problem?

iinfi

mekalodu
i access rediff.com several times a day.... no probs here ... whats the error you get ??? are you able to view the site partially or nothing??

OP
selva1966

selva1966

Journeyman
I cannot view anything. I searched rediff.com in google and clicked the link but it is it is not opening.

Tab showing only

(Untitled)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@selva1966
Which firefox version r u using?
There r some BUGs like this in new 1.5 BETA...

the_moon

Journeyman
Since when are u encountering this prob?
If this is a permanent prob with ur Firefox , then u need to check the version , if the prob has cropped up oflate, then there must be something wrong somewhere else, My Firefox workin perfectly fine!

OP
selva1966

selva1966

Journeyman
I am using latest version 1.0.6 This problem started 3 to 4 days back only. I installed version 1.0.6 immediately after its release.

And accessed rediff in version 1.0.6 also earlier.

kato

Karthiksn
i use the same version but never encountered a proble m did u try rediffmail.com

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Delete your profile folder of Firefox keeping backup of bookmarks.html and then again open rediff.com Problem should be solved.

Profile Folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default (Xp/2000)

C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxx.default (98/Me)

Delete the xxxxxxx.default folder but make first backup of bookmarks.html

OP
selva1966

selva1966

Journeyman
Thanks navjotjsingh

Now I can access my rediffmail in Firefox :lol:

But I lost my profile because when I restarted FF it said that my profile is being used by another user :cry: I being the only user of this computer and had only one user profile.

No problem again as adviced by you I did backup of bookmarks and sucessfully imported all the book marks. Around 250 in numbers :p

However I lost all my extensions. Now I am again going to download and install them. Not a big deal considering each of them being few KBs only. I also have to customise FF.

Now I would like to know what happened. Because I do not want face this problem again :evil:

Why Firefox and Rediff.com at loggerheads :wink:

Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.