Ffmpeg wrong compression video resolution changed as I have not expected.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have a PC with windows and Linux installed. I have a MP4 video file with size 460 mb of length 4 minutes 20 seconds.

I have compressed this particular file using ffmpeg guis called format factory in windows and tragator in Linux. Unfortunately the video resolution of output file is inverted.

Actually the original video file resolution is 1920\*1080 with aspect ratio 16:9 with video bitrate as 15 mbps. This file is captured from android smartphone OnePlus which has Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 processor.

The output file video resolution is 1080\*1920.

First i have tried to convert in windows and after that I have converted the same file in Linux. The output file video resolution is same in both cases. In both cases I have selected video bitrate as 400 kbps.

After that I have opened hand brake and I have tried to change the settings for the output file. I mean I have tried to select resolution as 1920\*1080 but failed. The handbrake is always taking the resolution as 1080\*1920.I have tried to make such changes in dimensions section under the fields width and height.

Please try to suggest how I can compress the video file in my current PC.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi I am Rupesh from India
You don't have to write this in every thread.

You want to reduce the bitrate but that would come at cost of quality. See if you can transcode it to H.265 (x265) instead

*trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.265
*superuser.com/questions/785528/how-to-generate-an-mp4-with-h-265-codec-using-ffmpeg/785532

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
You don't have to write this in every thread.

You want to reduce the bitrate but that would come at cost of quality. See if you can transcode it to H.265 (x265) instead

*trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.265
*superuser.com/questions/785528/how-to-generate-an-mp4-with-h-265-codec-using-ffmpeg/785532
Ok thanks for your suggestions but it is difficult to work with ffmpeg command line but there is a nice gui for ffmpeg called format factory.

If you have not tried I am requesting you to try.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
I have compressed this particular video file in my lmg710eaw lg g7 smartphone using ffmpeg gui ffmpeg media encoder and surprisingly I got what I want.

But I can't achieve what I want in windows and Linux PC.

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
I have resolved this issue in PC and how I done I am giving below.

First i have opened the ffmpeg media encoder in my android smartphone and tried to convert a small video file and fortunately this app has option to view all options in command window.

After that I have noted down the command in pc notepad and after that I have issued the command in the windows command prompt and Linux terminal emulator.

The quality of output video file generated is very good. The fact is that the quality of video file generated using ffmpeg guis like format factory and tragator is not good as the quality of video file generated by ffmpeg command itself.

I am giving the command seen in the android smartphone as below

ffmpeg -y -i "/storage/emulated/0/FFMPEG/to convert/sample.mp4" -c:v libx265 -b:v 400k -c:a libfdk_aac -b:a 64k -ar 44100 "/storage/emulated/0/FFMPEG/sample.mp4"

Top Bottom