Few minutes after internet disconnects!

techshan

Broken In
Hi

In one setup, we have fibre optic connection given by the ISP upto Distribution box inside the house where the fibre optic cable is connected to HUAWEI-ECHOLFIE HG865 terminal .From the RJ 45 port in that device , the ethernet cable goes to the DLINK 8 port switch. All the 8 ports are connected with ethernet cables to 8 rooms going concealed through the wall.
Our ISP person tested the connection by connecting one patch cable (from the DLINK SWITCH via the wall socket)to the WAN port of LINKSYS WRT300N wireless router and connecting other ethernet cable from the lan port of the router to the laptop ,setup the username ,password, encapsulation pppoe and configured the internet .found working.
I tried to configure the wireless in the house by fixing LINKSYS access point in some rooms.Here the problem started.
I cannot fix the LINKSYS router inside the DB in front portion of the house since there is no space in that and cannot keep the linksys router outside also, So I kept the linksys router inside one room and tried by connecting cable from the wall socket to a 5 ports mini switch and from the mini switch I connected one cable to WAN PORT of the linksys router and one cable to linksys's lan port because I want to share the internet in all the rooms.
I checked the internet in all the rooms by taking one laptop to all the rooms and checked through the access point configured in each room.
After few minutes internet drops and the led's in the LINSKYS router starts continuously blinks as if there is some problem

I know that it should not be connected in this way but my question is why internet works sometimes and starts disconnection.

Thanks & Regards
S.Swaminathan

N.B: Currently the setup is working with ADSL LINE directly connected to WAN PORT of LINKSYS ROUTER and connecting the LAN PORT of LINKSYS to DLINK SWITCH without any problem!
I need to know the reason why internet disconnects in the first mentioned connection explained in networking terms Please!

Hi guys

Seems to be nobody interested to reply ! Any inputs?

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Please correct me if any thing is missing:
ISP distribution box> uawei echolife hg865> switch> cable from switch to wall> from outlet to Linksys wtr300n router(it's not a modem, as ar as I know).

- Have you tried connecting net directly from wall socket to laptop or a desktop? To check if net is working or not.
- your ISP already installed Internet distribution device with all net setting in it already then what is the need of reconfiguring it under Linksys router(which isn't a modem). Dhcp or manual LAN ip would do great(consider your router as a pc which is getting its setting from switch already and configure it accordingly). // try hdcp or manual or static ip without pppoe under Linksys routers setting.
- if your Internet distribution box(device doesn't contain pppoe setting then you might need modem before switch).

P.S: Also check if disconnection happens only with the router or without router as well.

OP
T

techshan

Broken In
Please correct me if any thing is missing:
ISP distribution box> uawei echolife hg865> switch> cable from switch to wall> from outlet to Linksys wtr300n router(it's not a modem, as ar as I know).

- Have you tried connecting net directly from wall socket to laptop or a desktop? To check if net is working or not.
- your ISP already installed Internet distribution device with all net setting in it already then what is the need of reconfiguring it under Linksys router(which isn't a modem). Dhcp or manual LAN ip would do great(consider your router as a pc which is getting its setting from switch already and configure it accordingly). // try hdcp or manual or static ip without pppoe under Linksys routers setting.
- if your Internet distribution box(device doesn't contain pppoe setting then you might need modem before switch).

P.S: Also check if disconnection happens only with the router or without router as well.

Hi

You are exactly correct in the picture.The same method is followed initially to connect to internet.

since this is a new technology, I don't know exactly about the technology incorporated in HUAWEI HG865; what this device does.....

Actually the ISP person brought the router and connected as I have informed before.

But I didnot check the internet directly connecting the wall socket to the laptop avoiding the router since that person configured the username password encapsulation everything in linksys router.

If I have the chance to go to the site, I will definitely check this option also.

Top Bottom