Feature phone for 2k rs

vito scalleta

In the zone
1. Budget?
Under Rs. 2000. The lesser the better.

2. Display type and size?
Don't really have a specific requirement here. Text messages should be easily readable on screen. Phone should be handy and thin enough so that it doesn't bulge when I have it in my pocket.

3. Dual sim?
Preferably Dual sim.

4. Preferred choice of brand?
Looking for something reliable. I am not sure if Nokia is still that.

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Camera not required.

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
The leaner the better. Should have ability to set Alarms. Not looking for phones with browsers/ games etc. FM radio, mp3 player and bluetooth would be a plus but not a requirement.

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
The phone should work with my 4g Vodafone sim. Internet or wifi is not a requirement.

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Phone calls, alarms, text messages.

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Nokia 105 Dual sim, Nokia 110 Dual sim.

10. Any other info that you want to share.
Trying to reduce smart phone usage and so looking for a reliable alternative to my smartphone. Would like to hear from someone who had done something similar.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I bought Nokia 216 for the exact purpose. I bought it in 2018. It is still working fine and has a sturdy build, no problems faced.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Are you sure the models you are considering are 4G phones?

You don't have many choices if you want 4G feature phone and in that budget and criteria, probably NONE.

The cheapest would be Nokia 215 4G which would cost you about 3k. Don't know if there are any cheaper options for 4G Vodafone sim. Check the reviews and decide.
My view on this phone Nokia 215 4G & 225 4G

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan

You don't have many choices if you want 4G feature phone and in that budget and criteria, probably NONE.

The cheapest would be Nokia 215 4G which would cost you about 3k. Don't know if there are any cheaper options for 4G Vodafone sim. Check the reviews and decide.

if internet is not required then any feature phone will be ok as Vi has a 2G network which will be used

OP
vito scalleta

vito scalleta

In the zone

Thanks. and as @vidhubhushan mentioned I do not need a 4g connection. but I believe 4g sims would work on a 2g phone.

OP
vito scalleta

vito scalleta

In the zone
I bought Nokia 216 for the exact purpose. I bought it in 2018. It is still working fine and has a sturdy build, no problems faced.
Thanks. I checked that. Since I am trying to stay off the internet it would make more sense to go with something with lesser features right ?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Thanks. I checked that. Since I am trying to stay off the internet it would make more sense to go with something with lesser features right ?

It does support 2G net, but I don't think you will use it anyway, so yes it's good for staying away.

Edit : yes 4G SIM works on it.

OP
vito scalleta

vito scalleta

In the zone
It does support 2G net, but I don't think you will use it anyway, so yes it's good for staying away.

Edit : yes 4G SIM works on it.
Alright.

Some user reviews mention that the software is buggy in these nokia feature phones and they have loaded bloatwares too. Did you face any such issues?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Alright.

Some user reviews mention that the software is buggy in these nokia feature phones and they have loaded bloatwares too. Did you face any such issues?

there was a gameloft app which offered some paid games(tetris like, and can be purchased through sim recharge) thats the only bloat. I didnt found any bug. maybe the bug thing is for kai os phones.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Check Samsung Guru, costs around 1100-1200. Sister used it for calls & sms for over 3 years extremely roughly. Using another old one dual sim model given by someone since March in the same manner after the death of previous one. Working fine. A new one is there waiting for the death of current one. It is dropped everyday and survives.

Top Bottom