Fb account compromised and hacked

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
So what happened was I downloaded config file for elden ring from a youtube video with alot of views and likes and it came out to be exe file my bad I thought it wont do much harm and thought it will download config file later.Now my whole pc is full of trojans and viruses and almost all accounts saved in google chrome got compromised.But mainly lost my 11 year old Fb account as it got compromised and hacked.Dont know what to do now for this silly mistake by me.
Hackers changed email and password and I am unable to recover it as I only had email with that account no phone number.Whenever I go to recover it is sending code to new email.Fb should atleast should have option to send to previous email id as well.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I dont know why Windows Defender didnt work.
That is why don't completely rely on Windows Defender. I use Bitdefender FREE now and I do get potential web page risk message in browser for Suspicious Website.

Don't store account password in chrome or any other browser. Use lastpass or good password storing tool.

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
That is why don't completely rely on Windows Defender. I use Bitdefender FREE now and I do get potential web page risk message in browser for Suspicious Website.

Don't store account password in chrome or any other browser. Use lastpass or good password storing tool.

But they charge premium na Have too many passwords so using chrome to save them.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You can use Bitwarden and host it on your own server.

Alternately, you can use Keepass and create a local db. Then you will need some solution to sync the db file with other devices you use. But this is free. (Edit: I used to do this previously with Keepass and Syncthing).

Bitwarden server is also free, but you will have to pay for a VPS server to host it (this is what I do). You can also host it on a Raspberry Pi if you have one.

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
You have apple devices, why not use their server. Safari asks if you want to store in apple server. which is IMO is more secure than chrome.
Yeah my apple id is safe I was talking about windows I am also using windows laptop.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Use an internet security suite like kaspersky if you want to avoid this situations. People say use common sense and use only windows defender but in this kind of situations a dedicated internet security suite is necessary and also use bitwarden to store passwords it's free.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
So what happened was I downloaded config file for elden ring from a youtube video with alot of views and likes and it came out to be exe file my bad I thought it wont do much harm and thought it will download config file later.Now my whole pc is full of trojans and viruses and almost all accounts saved in google chrome got compromised.But mainly lost my 11 year old Fb account as it got compromised and hacked.Dont know what to do now for this silly mistake by me.
Hackers changed email and password and I am unable to recover it as I only had email with that account no phone number.Whenever I go to recover it is sending code to new email.Fb should atleast should have option to send to previous email id as well.

Write to

support@fb.com

and explain them the story. They will send a link for document verification where you will need to use official documents. The catch is aadhar card won't work. Passport work 99% of time.

I set up 2fa on my almost 10 yr old account last year. I saved it on Google authenticator. I changed my phone and forgot to migrate Google authenticator and the code was lost.

I was unable to open it so I sent them a mail, they replied me with a link to document verification. Luckily it had my real name same as on documents. At first I gave my aadhar card but they didn't accept it. After that I tried it with passport and got recovery link within 8 hours. Practically aadhar has 0 value outside India.

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Use an internet security suite like kaspersky if you want to avoid this situations. People say use common sense and use only windows defender but in this kind of situations a dedicated internet security suite is necessary and also use bitwarden to store passwords it's free.
Yeah thats why I didnt use any antivirus was lying on windows defender only as most post suggested that its enough.

OP
pkkumarcool

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Write to

support@fb.com

and explain them the story. They will send a link for document verification where you will need to use official documents. The catch is aadhar card won't work. Passport work 99% of time.

I set up 2fa on my almost 10 yr old account last year. I saved it on Google authenticator. I changed my phone and forgot to migrate Google authenticator and the code was lost.

I was unable to open it so I sent them a mail, they replied me with a link to document verification. Luckily it had my real name same as on documents. At first I gave my aadhar card but they didn't accept it. After that I tried it with passport and got recovery link within 8 hours. Practically aadhar has 0 value outside India.
Sadly my last name in fb and my id doesnt match.Also dont have passport yet.

Top Bottom