FAO ashu888ashu888

robindiv_76

Right off the assembly line
Hello Ashu

I know that u own a Sony Vaio Eb16 lappy.I would appreciate if u could provide me with some feedbacks as to the reliability and performance of EB16.And would u recommend its big brother EB26 over the new HP DV6 3057TX(which kinda has a similar spec as in EB26).

And thanks in advance :razz:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

hi :)

well, 1st of all, i got a bit scared reading my username on the forum topic list... lol... plz dont scare me like tat publicly.. :D
----------

Neways, if u meant this lappy ----> VPCEB16FG : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India

then yes! i own one.. :)

the difference b/w 16FG and 26FG is that,

(VPCEB) 16FG/w (to be very precise with the "w") :
has Core i3-330M which runs at 2.13Ghz
(and NO Turbo Boost as in i5 and above series of processors)

whereas,

(VPCEB) 26FG :
has core i3-350M wich runs at 2.26Ghz
(and NO Turbo Boost as in i5 and above series of processors)

this is the major difference b/w the 2 VAIO lappys, the others (not so significant by me) wud be:

16FG has 3D Audio and 26FG has Intelligent Touchpad (Gesture supported)
and
there's the bundled s/ware difference (but tat wud really NOT matter) coz we all (almost all of us) install our own s/wares (full versions) from ...**ahem**... sources.. :)
===================

now, i cannot recomment u a lappy unless i dnt knw ur needs, budget etc.. :)

but (VPCEA) 16FG has better features than VPCEB16FG and (VPCEB)26FG coz it has Core i5-520M running at 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz
(Note: Turbo BOost feature will consume more power from ur lappy) :)

also,

it has 802.11 a/b/g/n (as compared to ONLY b/g/n of (VPCEB) 16FG and 26FG)

but... the sad part of (VPCEA) 16FG :(
that.. it has HD screen (720p) as compared to fullHD (1080p) screen reso of both VPCEB16FG and 26FG
========================

so, if u are a movie watcher, then go in for a fullHD screen.. :)
-------------------------------

====================

now,

as for the difference b/w HP Pavilion dv6-3057tx & Sony Vaio (VPCEB) 26FG

see, it all depends on ur usage of the lappy.. :)

1.) HP priced at 48K (do not knw abt extra taxes) where as Vaio 26FG at 52K (incl. of all taxes)

2.) HP has a better processor core i3-370M running at 2.4GHz whereas,
Vaio 26FG has core i3-350M Processor running at 2.26 GHz

3.) HP has HD screen (720p) whereas,
VAIO 26FG has fullHD (1080p)

4.) HP has 3GB RAM whereas,
VAIO 26FG has 4GB RAM
-----------------

u need to tell me wats ur purpose of lappy and the budget... :) but both lappys (HP and Vaio 26FG) are almost equally matched, coz..

HP has better processor (i3-370M @ 2.4GHz as comapred to 26FG's i3-330M @ 2.26Ghz)

but

1GB less RAM as compared to VAIO 26FG (3GB RAM in HP as compared to 4GB RAM in Vaio)

:)
---------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

Last edited:
OP
R

robindiv_76

Right off the assembly line
thanks bud.That kinda explains it all.As far as budget is concerned i can spend about 50k on a lappy for gaming(not a nerd though).Basically its for coding and movie viewing.
But guess what,Eb26 seems to be out of stock these days.I live in cochin and i enquired just about every store out here.All they say is to wait till sept 16th for the new models.I guess i will have to wait if i want a full hd vaio.

And thanks again Ashu,I appreciate that mate.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

not a problem buddy.. :)

for any further queries, plz post it in the link given in my signature (the core ix thread).. :)

yup, if its lite-to-moderate gaming then opt for a FullHD lappy, it does wonders to the gaming as well as the movie content, believe me.. :)
-----------

Cheers n e-peace....

Top Bottom