Facing some problems regarding software installation

Arnab008

Broken In
I am using Windows 8. Recently I upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit version to win 8. I am facing a problem before upgrading my OS. Whenever I am trying to run a C program in Turbo C, Quincy C, Codeblocks; the program is not running although it is compiled properly and the program runs on my friend's laptop. Can anyone tell the reason & help me to solve this problem. I am also facing another problem. The IDM installed in my laptop is always caught as fake although I am using the crack & I am not updating it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the c part:
is the program exe being generated in the project location?

For the IDM part:
No piracy stuff here. Use free download manager instead.

OP
A

Arnab008

Broken In
Ok. Sorry for the IDM part. In case of the codeblock, no program exe file is generated.
"Compiling: C:\Users\Arnab\Documents\C Programs\Addition using SDTBNS.c
mingw32-g++.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings"
This is the only thing I am getting.

This means that the code is not being compiled. I don't have much experience with Code Blocks so I may not be able to assist you properly. It looks like the minGW isn't installed properly. Did you create an env. variable?

gameranand

Living to Play
Well Code::Blocks works perfectly on Win 8 for sure. I have tested that on a laptop. It seems like Installtion hasn't been done properly. Try reinstalling the software. :)

OP
A

Arnab008

Broken In
Ok. But this is not the case that appears in case of Codeblocks. I have tried to work with other C compilers too.

Ok. But this is not the case that appears in case of Codeblocks. I have tried to work with other C compilers too.
> Codeblocks isn't a compiler.

> mingw is being used by you to install 'g++' which is actually the compiler.

> Have you verified that you followed all steps correctly while installing mingw?

OP
A

Arnab008

Broken In
I reinstalled CodeBlock. After reinstalling this is the remark I am getting.
Cant find compiler executable in your configured search for GNU GCC compiler
Please help guys. I cant do any of my programs.:cry:

There are many headaches in installing gcc or g++ on windows. Use live linux from a usb :)

There are many headaches in installing gcc or g++ on windows. Use live linux from a usb :)

Top Bottom