External HDD unable to show on my computer

Dr. House

No Regrets
Hello! I own one year old 2TB Seagate Backup Plus HDD. Suddenly I plugged in and it is not showing in my computer. I checked the device manager it is showing plugged in. I checked the device manager it is showing there, I opened disk management and got shocked as it is asking for initialize and capacity is 49000 TB. I checked again in different windows notebook it is showing the same. Even in linux it is not detecting.
I have 1.2 TB of precious data in that.. I don't know how the hell this happened?, I take care of it like a baby, keep it in hard disk case safely, never dropped.
I tried to check on crystaldisk info but it is not showing there. I tried recovery software provided by seagate cc but it is not able to analyze the data after an hour.
I googled and found it may be because of corruption in the primary sector. I am not sure though.
What should I do? My valuable personal data is in that? Please HELP!

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Hello! I own one year old 2TB Seagate Backup Plus HDD. Suddenly I plugged in and it is not showing in my computer. I checked the device manager it is showing plugged in. I checked the device manager it is showing there, I opened disk management and got shocked as it is asking for initialize and capacity is 49000 TB. I checked again in different windows notebook it is showing the same. Even in linux it is not detecting.
I have 1.2 TB of precious data in that.. I don't know how the hell this happened?, I take care of it like a baby, keep it in hard disk case safely, never dropped.
I tried to check on crystaldisk info but it is not showing there. I tried recovery software provided by seagate cc but it is not able to analyze the data after an hour.
I googled and found it may be because of corruption in the primary sector. I am not sure though.

Contact Seagate data recovery. First find nearest center from here. As it is 1 year old, it will probably in warranty. Do not try any other operation yourself as it might cause more problem.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the golden rule of hdd/ssd. Any hdd/ssd can fail at any time so always keep your important data in at least 2 different places(aka another hdd/ssd/online storage).

Top Bottom