External Graphics Card and RAM on laptop for video editing?

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Hi guys,

Need assistance here. I need a workaround to work on video editing on my Corei5 5200 ( 2.2GHz) , 4GB laptop running on Windows 7 ( Dell Inspiron 15-3000 series )Ultimate. Currently the system freezes easily while I load more elements during editing. Would like to know

1) whether I can attach an external Graphics Card and RAM to rectify this? Is that a viable and pocket-friendly option?
2) Any way to free my RAM for the editing program, or to prioritize it, while it's running?

Need to find a way around as I need to work on editing and currently can't invest in a workstation or another laptop.
Looking forward!

Cheers!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@OP Transform any Laptop into a Gaming Machine - YouTub

its a mess to connect your lap to an external GPU.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
yes. some Titan X graphics are used for this purpose.. u can search for them..

Unless you know exactly what you're talking about, don't post non-sense.

Hi guys,

Need assistance here. I need a workaround to work on video editing on my Corei5 5200U ( 2.2GHz) , 4GB laptop running on Windows 7 ( Dell Inspiron 15-3000 series )Ultimate. Currently the system freezes easily while I load more elements during editing. Would like to know

1) whether I can attach an external Graphics Card and RAM to rectify this? Is that a viable and pocket-friendly option?
2) Any way to free my RAM for the editing program, or to prioritize it, while it's running?

Need to find a way around as I need to work on editing and currently can't invest in a workstation or another laptop.
Looking forward!

Cheers!

Your cpu is not meant for heavy tasks like video editing. There is no point in using an external GPU as neither your laptop supports it nor you'll be able to take any advantage from it. i5 5200U is a bottleneck. On the top of that, external GPU docks are not cheap. It'll be better to get a new i5 6600k based rig then to buy a eGPU with dock.

As for the ram, just add another 4 or 8 gb ram stick. They don't cost much.

janessa642

Right off the assembly line
Unless you know exactly what you're talking about, don't post non-sense.

Your cpu is not meant for heavy tasks like video editing. There is no point in using an external GPU as neither your laptop supports it nor you'll be able to take any advantage from it. i5 5200U is a bottleneck. On the top of that, external GPU docks are not cheap. It'll be better to get a new i5 6600k based rig then to buy a eGPU with dock.

As for the ram, just add another 4 or 8 gb ram stick. They don't cost much.

thanks for saying me non sense :(

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=324708]janessa642[/MENTION] Sorry that you felt bad but please do some research before posting and also don't forget to go through forum rules. People do not welcome posts if they were made just for the sake of posting, after all this is not facebook or youtube comment section. Also, you looked like spammers we have been facing alot these days here on forum so, the harshness.

Happy stay at forum :)

janessa642

Right off the assembly line
[MENTION=324708]janessa642[/MENTION] Sorry that you felt bad but please do some research before posting and also don't forget to go through forum rules. People do not welcome posts if they were made just for the sake of posting, after all this is not facebook or youtube comment section. Also, you looked like spammers we have been facing alot these days here on forum so, the harshness.

Happy stay at forum :)

its ok.. thanks for informing me. I'll be careful. :)

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
You need a thunderbolt port for external graphics.
There aren't enough pice lanes if you go by normal USB 3.0

Alternative suggestion-
Start saving for a Rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom