Ext USB HDD or Int HDD + IDE-USB Convertor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hi

I want to buy a 40GB EXT HDD. Should I go for an external one or convert an internal one using IDE-USB convertor. Can you tell me the least prices of both? What is the minimum prise of the IDE-USB convertor (Without the case)? and the ext hdd and the internal hdd prices.

Which one will be better in case of performance. I donot care about portability.

Hey why is nobody answering me?

Aditya

Last edited:

bukaida

In the zone
The USB external drive case is available where you can put any IDE drive( CD/DVD/HDD). It will cost you around 1200/=. I am using one made by INTEX.
A bit slower than internal HDD but ok. The case gives additional protection to your IDE drive.

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
@ankurgupta.me

Thank you I read in digit that the convertor costs about 500/- but a distributor here told me 1000/- even bukaida here says 1200/-. What are the prices of ext hdd and int hdd (40gb).

Aditya

bukaida

In the zone
It depends on the company. I bought it long ago(about 9 months), so donot know the current price. Also the factors like bill, warrenty, service are important.Plz check out with your dealer. If you are using the casing box, an internal hdd will do.40GB is almost outdated. You will get 80GB (Seagate/Samsung) at a price of Rs.2100(this one is the current price however).Checkout with your dealer. Never buy a product without bill or warrenty.

nach p

Journeyman
bought USB 2.0 casing for Rs.750 supporting IDE in past week.
Dont go for cheep as they support upto 80 GB only.
Donno abt prices of sata supporting USB casing,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom