Ethernet slower than wifi (SOLVED)

danilom

Right off the assembly line
I have hired a 50 meg plan and everything is going great, in fact I was getting 54 megs and 6 megs up, and I was very happy. Since I installed an AVG free antivirus some FIVE days ago, I only get 6 megs (I tested it on several pages), but with other devices I get 40/45/50. I tried changing the ethernet cable and connecting it in another hole, but nothing, and my card is, I think, updated (it says it is a 2020 version). I don't know what else to do because all the devices arrive well, but not to my computer which is connected by cable to the router.

I uninstalled the antivirus and it's still the same, by the way. I didn't touch any settings or anything else, I even started windows in safe mode with network functions, and nothing, I get the same.

I tried a program called networkrepair (or something like that), but it didn't work either.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are using windows & system restore is enabled then use it to restore system to a time before install of avg free.
*www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

P.S. I have edited the thread title to make it more relevant to the topic.

OP
danilom

danilom

I tried to restore the system, with the two closest points, but he said they were damaged. Is there any other way? I honestly don't know what to do.
Thank you for changing the title of the topic.By the way, I already used AVG Clear and AVG remove, and had no results.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
In that case take backup of all important data in some other drive & try win 10(assuming you are using it) reset/refresh.
*www.onmsft.com/how-to/windows-10-reset-refresh-windows-10-installation-better-performance

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
That's strange. You may want to run AVG Removal tool regardless. Most AV out there have Removal tool to wipe out any remnants of their install.

You can read more about it in the link below.

*support.avg.com/SupportArticleView...l-AVG-software-Clear-Remover&supportType=home

Ensure to reboot your computer when done.

Hope this helps.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
1st copy all internet details - ip address etc
^after using that avg removal tool, do network reset in windows settings

Also try for "complete internet repair" software
*www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/

OP
danilom

danilom

I use AVG tools to uninstall the program and restart the computer. Now I will test the application to repair the internet.

OP
danilom

danilom

1st copy all internet details - ip address etc
^after using that avg removal tool, do network reset in windows settings

Also try for "complete internet repair" software
*www.rizonesoft.com/downloads/complete-internet-repair/

The program doesn't work for me.

OP
danilom

danilom

When I look at the configuration of the adapter it says that the speed is 10.0mbs (although I configured it to be 1.0 gigabits) can this be an error?

Screenshot_10.png

OP
danilom

danilom

I FINALLY SOLVED IT!
All I had to do was disconnect the computer power supply for a few minutes. I honestly didn't think it would work, but now my computer works at 1.0 gb again.

Thank you, everyone

Top Bottom