Estimated Cost for a Modern Assembled PC ?

vishk

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I wanted to understand and have a rough estimate if possible, how much would it cost to get an assembled PC with the following Configuration i7 processor, 32GB RAM and 500 GB Hard Disk (SSD and Non-SSD both) And a dedicated Graphics Card with 8 GB of RAM (If any other substitute Graphic Card can also do the job equally well even that is OK.)

But I wanted to know how much would it cost approximately ? The Price Range ?

I have a Monitor already so I am not looking to Purchase a Monitor.

Can you guys please suggest ?

Thanks

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
I think I am also expected to answer the following questions. So here it is...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)

Ans: All Round Usage. But Mainly Applications like Photoshop, Affinity Photo, AI Based Photo Correction Softwares, Video Editing Software

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.

Ans: 20K-30K

3. Planning to overclock?

Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?

Ans: Windows 11

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?

Ans: 500GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.

Ans: No

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?

Ans: Monitor. I do not have anything else.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans: 1 Month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?

Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?

Ans: Mumbai

11. Anything else which you would like to say?

Ans: Want to build a PC with the Max RAM possible which goes along with the Processor. Ideally 32GB RAM

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Configuration i7 processor, 32GB RAM
i7 itself costs Rs. 40,000. Buy Online Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Alder Lake Processor BX8071512700K - in India

32GB RAM will cost Rs. 10,000.

You might want to lower your expectations.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
i7 itself costs Rs. 40,000. Buy Online Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Alder Lake Processor BX8071512700K - in India

Whoa ! Cant spend 50K just for the Processor and RAM how will I get the other Parts then ? lol !!

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman

RAM is important for me can compromise a little bit on the Processor, SDD or HDD and Video Graphic Card. So then with renewed expectations what comes in my Bucket then ?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
RAM is important for me can compromise a little bit on the Processor, SDD or HDD and Video Graphic Card. So then with renewed expectations what comes in my Bucket then ?
Let's set aside Rs. 10K for RAM then.

What you can now buy is:
  • Intel i3-10105 @ 11.5K. Amazon.in: Buy Intel® Core™ i3-10105 10th Gen Generation Processor (6M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) LGA 1200 UHD 630 Graphics 3 Years Warranty (No Graphic Card Required) Comes with Fan Online at Low Prices in India | Intel Reviews & Ratings Make sure that you DO NOT buy an Intel processor that has an 'F' at the end of the model name. You can get an i5 for this price but that will not have a GPU. So, your monitor will not work unless you buy a GPU separately. I would also let you know that this is a 2 year old processor, outdated and this socket is not supported anymore. 12th gen is the latest and it's expensive in general + also has expensive motherboards.
  • For motherboard you have two choices: (i) microATX i.e. small form factor motherboard with only 2 memory slots. This will cost Rs. 5K. (ii) Full ATX i.e standard form factor motherboard with 4 memory slots. This will cost Rs. 10K. You need to look for motherboards with LGA 1200 socket and chipsets mentioned here: LGA 1200 - Wikipedia Typically, B460 and B560 chipset motherboards will have readily available Full ATX motherboards. Now, since you need 32 GB RAM right now, this means that you might need more RAM later. Only 2 * 16 GB RAM sticks are reasonably priced. Hence, I suggest spending more and going for a Rs. 10K Full ATX motherboard. Otherwise, you will fill up both memory slots on a microATX motherboard. If you are dead sure that you will NOT need more RAM in future,
After you decide on the motherboard, we can think about SSD, HDD, Cabinet (Rs. 2K) and PSU (Rs. 3.5K).

I'm not giving you a final configuration yet. Because I think you might want to extend a bit and finalize your budget.

Last edited:
OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Let's set aside Rs. 10K for RAM then.

What you can now buy is:
  • Intel i3-10105 @ 11.5K. Amazon.in: Buy Intel® Core™ i3-10105 10th Gen Generation Processor (6M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz) LGA 1200 UHD 630 Graphics 3 Years Warranty (No Graphic Card Required) Comes with Fan Online at Low Prices in India | Intel Reviews & Ratings Make sure that you DO NOT buy an Intel processor that has an 'F' at the end of the model name. You can get an i5 for this price but that will not have a GPU. So, your monitor will not work unless you buy a GPU separately. I would also let you know that this is a 2 year old processor and this socket is not supported anymore.
  • For motherboard you have two choices: (i) microATX i.e. small form factor motherboard with only 2 memory slots. This will cost Rs. 5K. (ii) Full ATX i.e standard form factor motherboard with 4 memory slots. This will cost Rs. 10K. You need to look for motherboards with LGA 1200 socket and chipsets mentioned here: LGA 1200 - Wikipedia Typically, B460 and B560 chipset motherboards will have readily available Full ATX motherboards. Now, since you need 32 GB RAM right now, this means that you might need more RAM later. Only 2 * 16 GB RAM sticks are reasonably priced. Hence, I suggest spending more and going for a Rs. 10K Full ATX motherboard. Otherwise, you will fill up both memory slots on a microATX motherboard. If you are dead sure that you will NOT need more RAM in future,
After you decide on the motherboard, we can think about SSD, HDD, Cabinet (Rs. 2K) and PSU (Rs. 3.5K).

I'm not giving you a final configuration yet. Because I think you might want to extend a bit and finalize your budget.

Some of the key points that you touched upon.

I want to keep the CPU/Cabinet Form Factor as Small as Possible.

I would atleast want an i5 if i7 is getting so expensive.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of the key points that you touched upon.

I want to keep the CPU/Cabinet Form Factor as Small as Possible.

I would atleast want an i5 if i7 is getting so expensive.
i5-10400 is Rs. 17K.

You should update your budget.

btw, I edited my previous message with more info.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ans: All Round Usage. But Mainly Applications like Photoshop, Affinity Photo, AI Based Photo Correction Softwares, Video Editing Software
If you are planning to use this PC for actual work that generates income, consider it as a initial investment and increase your budget to at least 150k.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you are planning to use this PC for actual work that generates income, consider it as a initial investment and increase your budget to at least 150k.
Thats too much. way too much. IMO 80k ish is sufficient. You dont need top of the line specs for the work OP wants to do. an i5 + a low-mid end gpu will do fine.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
If I had that Kind of Budget I would never ever buy a Windows Machine. I would Straight Away go for a Mac Mini ! Period.

It is not a Work PC it is not going to generate any Income. It is only and only for Personal Use.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Still too much anything under 50K that would be also a stretch.
With current market scenario, going second hand is best option. Yes it sucks but there seems to be no alternative.

I sold my GTX 1080 + Ryzen 1600 PC for 55k, so you would get plenty good deals.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
With current market scenario, going second hand is best option. Yes it sucks but there seems to be no alternative.

I sold my GTX 1080 + Ryzen 1600 PC for 55k, so you would get plenty good deals.
Why with a Brand New Machine which has a i5 processor and a Medium or Low End GPU with 500GB Hard Disk and 32GB RAM what is your feeling ? in what range would this Deal go to ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The prices are very skewed right now. Especially for GPUs. My advice is get a processor with integrated gpu and use it and upgrade to a new or second hand GPU in the future.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If I had that Kind of Budget I would never ever buy a Windows Machine. I would Straight Away go for a Mac Mini ! Period.
Would've been a waste of money since a windows machine, even with inflated prices, would simply out perform it.
Medium or Low End GPU
Low end ones are not worth it. Medium ones are going for >20k.
500GB Hard Disk
Don't use hard disk as boot drive.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
The prices are very skewed right now. Especially for GPUs. My advice is get a processor with integrated gpu and use it and upgrade to a new or second hand GPU in the future.
Ok and a Processor with Integrated GPU what are my Options and in what Price Range would that cost ?

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Would've been a waste of money since a windows machine, even with inflated prices, would simply out perform it.
Maybe True. But having used the iPad and iPhone I am more than ready to compromise for Brute Horse Power versus Ease of Use and Simplicity that the MAC Eco System Brings. I already said that I am not looking out for a Machine which knocks out everyone out of the Park. Not getting into a competition of The Best.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
*www.amazon.in/Intel-i5-11400-Desktop-Processor-LGA1200/dp/B08X6JPK4K = 20k
*www.amazon.in/MSI-H510M-PRO-Mother...X7DC728/ref=pd_lpo_4?pd_rd_i=B08X7DC728&psc=1 = 5.5k
*www.amazon.in/CORSAIR-Vengeance-1x8GB-3200MHZ-Desktop/dp/B07PNW4Q3F/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1WM2R3GLD6JUE&keywords=RAM+DDR4+3200&qid=1642757557&s=electronics&sprefix=ram+ddr4+3200,electronics,371&sr=1-1 X 2 = 3190 * 2 = 6.4k
*www.amazon.in/Corsair-Bronze-Certified-Non-Modular-Supply/dp/B07YVVNK6Y/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3IQB2XKDDFXJJ&keywords=550w+psu&qid=1642757591&s=electronics&sprefix=550w+p,electronics,389&sr=1-2 - 3.5k (ASK Other People for better PSU).
*www.amazon.in/Western-Digital-Creative-Subscription-WDS500G3B0C/dp/B09HKG6SDF/ref=sr_1_7?crid=QBMHEQX6NZVX&keywords=SSD&qid=1642758354&s=computers&sprefix=s,computers,439&sr=1-7 - 5k
Deepcool D-Shield V2 (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet With Transparent Side Panel (Black) 3.2k. U can compromise on cabinet a bit by going local.

Use rest of the moolah for a GPU later on. Also might be worth waiting for Intel 12400 as its a radical different design but it will overshoot your budget.

Pop in a GPU and its a decent gaming PC as well.

Total : 43.6k.

Top Bottom