Error while converting FAT32 to NTFS plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankalp

Journeyman
I recently upgraded my machine. But the problem is that i cannot convert an old drive i had to NTFS from FAT32. though i could easily convert another old drive to NTFS in the same system. Whenever i try to convert it stops midway. I even tried it from the win installation cd but with the same problem

I have a dual booting system with XP & 2000 installed.
The HDD that i am talking abt is a 20GB Samsung 5400 RPM.

Can neone suggest how to correct this problem

jay4u

In the zone
Try first chkdsk/scandisk with attempt for recovery. There must be some bad sectors out there. Try Partition magic. It has an inbuilt disk checker of its own.

If the disk is empty then better delete the partition and create a new one. This should solve ur problemo . . . dude.

OP
S

Sankalp

Journeyman
jay4u said:
Try first chkdsk/scandisk with attempt for recovery. There must be some bad sectors out there. Try Partition magic. It has an inbuilt disk checker of its own.

If the disk is empty then better delete the partition and create a new one. This should solve ur problemo . . . dude.

I did that already i.e. ran chkdsk and formatted the drive by removing the partition.

Will try usin partition magic. hope it works :!:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Use Ranish Partition Manager, thats the best tool out there as long as you dont need non-destructive conversions/resizing, etc.

Download here:
*www.ranish.com/part/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom