Entry Level Gaming PC under 30K

ezio16

Journeyman
Black series are way more costlier considering my budget.
Though, I would have considered Black if I'm gonna use it as primary disk, but I'm not.
Have an SSD for OS.

From Amazon.in
WD Black 2 TB (WD2003FZEX) - 11K
WD Blue 2 TB (WD20EZRZ) - Rs. 5699

Or let me know if I can get WD Black in less price anywhere.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Black series are way more costlier considering my budget.
Though, I would have considered Black if I'm gonna use it as primary disk, but I'm not.
Have an SSD for OS.

From Amazon.in
WD Black 2 TB (WD2003FZEX) - 11K
WD Blue 2 TB (WD20EZRZ) - Rs. 5699

Or let me know if I can get WD Black in less price anywhere.
You can get from here:Look at this on eBay WD 2TB BLACK WD2003FZEX 3.5" 7200RPM SATA6GB/S Internal Desktop Hard Drive | eBay

Use coupon SAVERS2500

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ezio16

Journeyman
Haven't bought this high cost product from eBay before. :(
How much is the coupon offer for ?

Is WD Blue 2 TB a good buy if I can't go with WD Black?
Also only the read and write speeds would be less because of low RPM, right ?

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Haven't bought this high-cost product from eBay before. :(
How much is the coupon offer for?

Is WD Blue 2 TB a good buy if I can't go with WD Black?
Also only the read and write speeds would be less because of low RPM, right?
5400 RPM is considered low and you can go with 2 WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM drives if you want.

ezio16

Journeyman
5400 RPM is considered low and you can go with 2 WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM drives if you want.

2 Blue 1 TB means 2 power ports and will occupy 2 SATA ports. So thinking of getting a WD Blue 2 TB or I'll just wait for a while and go with 2 TB Black.

ezio16

Journeyman
5400rpm drives are good enough as storage drives,go for WD Blue 2TB.

Thanks.
Going to order WD Blue 2 TB from eBay (With the code @bssunilreddy gave, thanks bro ) and it's price is less than Amazon. Moreover Amazon's cashback will come after 3 months whereas in eBay, I just need to pay price after reducing offer amount.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Good buy,also use crystaldiskinfo free to regularly check the hdd health once you install the new hdd.
No need to check regularly but once every month is sufficient.

Install CCleaner and clean excess junk in your PC at least once in a week if not regularly.

Don't defragment your SSD but you can do so in case of HDD.
Defragmenting your SSD actually reduces your SSDs life.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
When it comes to data there is no such thing as too much caution,it all comes down to how much data's worth is to a person.For me one month is too long a duration to not worry about running HDD health.Of course if one thinks that the data is not worth it then even 2 months is good enough.

ezio16

Journeyman
No need to check regularly but once every month is sufficient.

Install CCleaner and clean excess junk in your PC at least once in a week if not regularly.

Don't defragment your SSD but you can do so in case of HDD.
Defragmenting your SSD actually reduces your SSDs life.

Actually, in my pc I have SSD for OS and a normal HDD for storage and running Win 10. When I open Disk Optimiser, de-fragmentation for SSD is disabled by default and it's available for HDD alone.
But this is not the case with my notebook where I have only SSD and running Win 10. Same Disk Optimiser, there is option to de-frag the Local Disks.
Windows was automatically running de-fragmentation at first and I was not aware of that. Some when read that De-fragmentation destroys SSD and noticed that was happening with my SSD :( . Then turned off the optimization.

How the Optimization process helps HDD but poisons SSD ?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Actually, in my pc I have SSD for OS and a normal HDD for storage and running Win 10. When I open Disk Optimiser, de-fragmentation for SSD is disabled by default and it's available for HDD alone.
But this is not the case with my notebook where I have only SSD and running Win 10. Same Disk Optimiser, there is option to de-frag the Local Disks.
Windows was automatically running de-fragmentation at first and I was not aware of that. Some when read that De-fragmentation destroys SSD and noticed that was happening with my SSD :( . Then turned off the optimization.

How the Optimization process helps HDD but poisons SSD ?
Since HDD is a mechanical drive with moving parts like platters and it's mechanism is different from an SSD which is a flash memory.

SSD vs HDD | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Without going too much into details,defragmentation is necessary for HDD because in HDD the speed at which data can be accessed is not uniform across entire physical space of HDD.Also data is not stored sequentially but at different places(a 10mb file may have 1mb data in 1 place,2mb data in another place & so on) thus increasing the overall access time.Defragmentation basically puts all these split data parts sequentially in a good location to reduce access time.

For ssd these factors don't apply because of their very high read/write speeds & usage of storage chips spread uniformly.Still if you run defragmentation on ssd,this will only result in unnecessary read/write cycles resulting in more wear & tear of storage chips & thus reducing the life of ssd.

However ssd do get fragmented & win 10 indeed run a defragmentation on ssd once a month but that is fine because windows defragmentation for ssd is based on an intelligent logic & does not harm the ssd.
The real and complete story - Does Windows defragment your SSD? - Scott Hanselman

OP
virajdx

virajdx

Broken In
My brother is buying lenovo legion y520
i7 7th gen
16 gb ram
1050ti
128 ssd
1tb hdd
Pls review and suggest asap
Suggest if better laptops available for nearabout price and please tell flaws
Also comment on the service provided by lenovo

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My brother is buying lenovo legion y520
i7 7th gen
16 gb ram
1050ti
128 ssd
1tb hdd
Pls review and suggest asap
Suggest if better laptops available for nearabout price and please tell flaws
Also comment on the service provided by lenovo
If around 60-65k, good. If not, then ask him to contact azom.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom