End Of Gaming and End of Graphic Cards / Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@zatang: But there just CANNOT be any gfx card that manages to render the real thing!
Conclusion of my blabbering: The virtual world has a unit (a smallest quantity) whereas the real world is much x 10^infinity more detailed than the virtual world! It does not have a smallest quantity(NO unit! Nay! Zip! Zero! Nada!(wait, I've copied this from somewhere I think:confused:)). So, the virtual world cannot depict the real world "really" because not only are we reaching the bar, the bar is constantly raising itself:cool:. There will always be room for improvement!

True, u can never really achieve depict the real world.But,enough to fool human eye.(which has a very poor resolution,10^-4m? and can see only 6 million colors)

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
True, u can never really achieve depict the real world.But,enough to fool human eye.(which has a very poor resolution,10^-4m? and can see only 6 million colors)

But we are talking of reality, dude, human eyes have been fooled much earlier! Do you recognize the fact that we are able to see moving pictures due to our "faullty" eyes? Yet another reason why Gfx cards can't die! Frame rate has to be increased and increased and increased to infinity!

well after that they will try to reduce the size and power consumption and stuff.. life will go on.

Instead, they are already trying to show what you can't see! Don't believe it? I'll point out High Definition videos to you!

Hrithan2020

In the zone
But we are talking of reality, dude, human eyes have been fooled much earlier! Do you recognize the fact that we are able to see moving pictures due to our "faullty" eyes? Yet another reason why Gfx cards can't die! Frame rate has to be increased and increased and increased to infinity!
Instead, they are already trying to show what you can't see! Don't believe it? I'll point out High Definition videos to you!

But,we still can pretty much differentiate between a real picture and an snapshot of a game.So, I'm talking abt a time in the future it'll become really difficult to distinguish between real-life and game videos.[The real-life video as seen on a PC,not directly].(Can't always say the same abt CGI in movies).Obviously, i know that a moving picture consists of frames.
But,what did u mean by increasing the frame rate to infinity?

BTW,can't a human distinguish between a HD video and a 480 p one?

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
But,we still can pretty much differentiate between a real picture and an snapshot of a game.So, I'm talking abt a time in the future it'll become really difficult to distinguish between real-life and game videos.[The real-life video as seen on a PC,not directly].(Can't always say the same abt CGI in movies).Obviously, i know that a moving picture consists of frames.
But,what did u mean by increasing the frame rate to infinity?

BTW,can't a human distinguish between a HD video and a 480 p one?

Pretty much difficult, yes, but still nowhere near impossible(that matters. that was what zatang was talking about!).

Oh, and I meant that the real world does not work using frames! The CG graphics imitate the real world using frames. Thus, to achieve perfection, CGG(let me call 'em that) will have to use infinite number of frames per second! <<<THAT is impossible! See what I mean?

About that HD question, full-HD certainly contains more details than a human eye can distinguish. They're also talking of using BD discs to ship raw uncompressed videos in movies!
Offtopic: I certainly am not able to tell HD video movie trailers and normal movies apart(WITHOUT using a computer to resize and check for a pixelized-effect)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Pretty much difficult, yes, but still nowhere near impossible(that matters. that was what zatang was talking about!).

Oh, and I meant that the real world does not work using frames! The CG graphics imitate the real world using frames. Thus, to achieve perfection, CGG(let me call 'em that) will have to use infinite number of frames per second! <<<THAT is impossible! See what I mean?

About that HD question, full-HD certainly contains more details than a human eye can distinguish. They're also talking of using BD discs to ship raw uncompressed videos in movies!
Offtopic: I certainly am not able to tell HD video movie trailers and normal movies apart(WITHOUT using a computer to resize and check for a pixelized-effect)

Well,when u are shifting to bigger monitors, you will certainly see the difference.Abt the RAW format, it is true for 480p video itself;u may not be able to distinguish between a good quality,properly encoded video vs the same resolution RAW video.(esp. when not comparing pic by pic,which we can't unless we pause every sec or so).

Since "frames" have no relevance with the real world, I didn't see any reason to say that u will need infinite frames to represent the real world. There are far more limiting factors which comes into picture(going by the same rule,u can say infinite resolution,infinite color)...

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Well,when u are shifting to bigger monitors, you will certainly see the difference.Abt the RAW format, it is true for 480p video itself;u may not be able to distinguish between a good quality,properly encoded video vs the same resolution RAW video.(esp. when not comparing pic by pic,which we can't unless we pause every sec or so).
So you do see! Finally! Another soul converted! :lol:
Since "frames" have no relevance with the real world, I didn't see any reason to say that u will need infinite frames to represent the real world.
You will! you cant simulate the real world totally(NOT for human eyes, totally!) with Crysis runnin on an 82845G Onboard using 3DAnalyzer!
(going by the same rule,u can say infinite resolution,infinite color)...
Let's see... yup you can! In fact, I've already mentionaed it earlier! Time for another thread to die out slowly, eh?

Hrithan2020

In the zone
You will! you cant simulate the real world totally(NOT for human eyes, totally!) with Crysis runnin on an 82845G Onboard using 3DAnalyzer!
Read carefully dude.I said there was no relevance in say that "u will need infinite frames to represent the real world",not that u need only a finite frames to represent the world,got it.U can never simulate the real world totally.(But enough to fool the best senses in the animal kingdom,eventually)At least, we agree on that.

Let's see... yup you can! In fact, I've already mentionaed it earlier! Time for another thread to die out slowly, eh?

Sorry abt that.I see u had already mentioned abt resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom