E2140 + Asus P5Pe-VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeetu

Broken In
I upgraded my old pc for 3000 Rs. Now my PC has got E2140 CPU (Rs 3000 rs) + Asus P5PE-VM (Rs 2,200) + 1 GB DDR-400 (Rs 2000) + AGP FX5700 LE (Rs 2000) + 450W Navtech PSU (Rs 1200 with cabinet).
Now my FSB has jumped to 1066Mhz instead of 800Mhz (due to AGP card). Thus my processor speed has gone up to 2.13 GHz (instead of 1.60 GHz). On the downside my DDR Ram is working at 354 MHz instead od 400 MHz.
My Sisoft Sandra benchmark etc are much higher than E6300 (1.86 GHz) comparable to E6420. This settings are at default bios setting.
However there is a bigger downside to it. the +3.3V is working at 3.08V at idle load. And dropping alarmingly to 2.80V at high load. This might cause few issues at high end gaming ( or graphics). However thus far I played Doom 3 and Quake 4 for few hours at a strech without any issues. My CPU core voltage is 1.4V and CPU temperature is 37 Celcius at max load. On idle load it is 1.26V and 28 Celcius.

All these Overclocking with Ram and Voltage issues are solely due to motherboard. I tested my configuration with another Asus P5PE-VM motherbard, result were same.

Does anyone else has encountered similar problem or even forsee some problem with this configuration?

Edburg

In the zone
can u please test the overclockability of the mobo.....i mean the max u can get the procy to work in this mobo....heard E2140 goes upto 3.2 on air.....if it did on this mobo then it would be a great budget system

OP
J

jeetu

Broken In
with "clockgen", my comp was stable till 2.6GHz , after than there weresome little unstablity with cpu touching 55 celcius at max load. Maybe with better cooling system , it could be pushed even more.

Edburg

In the zone
thx for testing that....

anyone knows any budget reasonably overclocking mobo that can do about 2.8-3 on air for this proccy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom