DX9 chipsets with DX10 gfx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
If the mobo has a chipset that supports DX9.0 (AMD 690G chipset for eg.) and one uses a DX10 card on it. What will happen??
I mean will it work all right or there will be some decrease in the system power??

PS: I cudnt figure it out whether to keep this query in Hardware Trobles or in Q&A, so I posted it here. Mods can move this if this belongs to Hardware section.

Pathik

Google Bot
Well 690g has dx9 capable onboard gfx chipset but 690g mobos supports dx10 gfx cards as well.. So if u plugin a dx10gfx card.. The onboard gfx ll be disabled and the graphic rendering ll be done by the dx10 gpu..

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Its not the thing that only 690G or 680i motherboard supports DX10 cards,even if u have almost 1-2 years old motherboard they will also support DX10 cards.Its only slots(PCI-E).

And also it depends on the motherboard that it will automatically detect the expansion slot card or u have manually disable onboard.My motherboard automatically detect the PCI-E card or an onboard display.

monkey

Padawan
Most motherboards automatically disable on-board gfx chip on insertion of gfx card in the slot.

But remember not to use AMD-NVidia chipsets combination as there is high chances of driver conflict.

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ I never read anything like that on the web. Might be true but I never came across any such issue. Google it and the response of all the issues is positive i.e there is no chance of AMD-Nvidia conflict.

assasin

Banned
monkey said:
But remember not to use AMD-NVidia chipsets combination as there is high chances of driver conflict.

clarify ur pt.
if u wanna say that u cant use nvidia gfx cards on AMD-ATI chipset based based mobo then think again.u can use ANY gfx cards on Intel D101/102 and these r based on ATI chipset.

monkey

Padawan
The reason why i warned for AMD-NVIDIA conflict is because there have been postings in these forums (including that of Chip) regarding these problems. Theoretically you should be able to use any gfx card with any chipset but sometimes ATI-NVidia combination have created problem. This again could have been driver related and rectified in later driver releases. NVIDIA uses unified driver architecture for optimum performance and hence it is generally recommended to use NVidia based chipset-Gfx card combo. But it is not strict rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom