DVD DRIVE PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

daumaster

Broken In
The last two chapters of a dual layer movie DVD (DVD9) is not playing on my LITE-ON DVD ROM Model JLMS XJ-HD166S. Error No 89020003 is displayed on the screen, implying the disc is dirty and require cleaning. However, the same disc plays perfectly well in my office PC LITE-ON DVD ROM drive without being cleant and also my old stand alone PIONEER DVD player Model DV-525. I have opened the DVD drive and cleaned the lens manually, but the problem persists. What could be the problem with the drive ?

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Certain dvd`s have a country or area code set that to 0 in the dvdplayer you use and it should work

OP
D

daumaster

Broken In
The DVD is playing. Only last two chapters are not playing in my LITE-ON DVD Drive. But these two chapters are playing in my stand alone PIONEER DVD player Model DV-525

It's not a problem at all. Some drives/players play scratched/dirty disks better than someother drives/players.

Try ripping the DVD to your hard disk using DVD Shrink (with "no compression"). Use the ISO option. Use Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive. Mount the ripped *.ISO using D Tools and watch the movie like any normal disc.

All software mentioned above is free and available at www.doom9.net

suhasingale

Journeyman
Keith Sebastian said:
It's not a problem at all. Some drives/players play scratched/dirty disks better than someother drives/players.

Try ripping the DVD to your hard disk using DVD Shrink (with "no compression"). Use the ISO option. Use Daemon Tools to create a virtual drive. Mount the ripped *.ISO using D Tools and watch the movie like any normal disc.

All software mentioned above is free and available at www.doom9.net
I agree with Keith. Ur drive is OK, don't mess wid it.

realmmahesh

Broken In
a different dvd problem

hi

i just upgraded my pioneer 8x dvd writer to samsung 16x dula layer dvd writer. and after this i burnt few dvd in DVD-R. it works in driver which are only DVD-ROM like samsung, lite-on, asus & doesn't work in combo drives. it doesn't work in my dvd player too & even in my sony vaio notebook which has a dual layer dvd writer. a strange problem. how can i make this dvd work on all drives. i did not hav this prob with pioneer.

mahesh.

AlienTech

In the zone
>The last two chapters of a dual layer movie DVD (DVD9) is not playing on my LITE-ON DVD ROM Model JLMS XJ-HD166S. Error No 89020003 is displayed on the screen, implying the disc is dirty and require cleaning. However, the same disc plays perfectly well in my office PC LITE-ON DVD ROM drive without being cleant and also my old stand alone PIONEER DVD player Model DV-525. I have opened the DVD drive and cleaned the lens manually, but the problem persists. What could be the problem with the drive ?<

I dont know if liteon DVD rom drives are similar to the DVD burners but I did find out that calibration data learnt by the drive can make a disk redable or not. IE just by using some disks, the drive does some dynamic learning stuff which can make some disks unredable. I never believed this before. I had saved out 2 sets of calibration data and I found a disk which had major reading problems so I flashed back to the older version and the disk started reading fine, flashed back to the new and reading problems. I dont know how to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom