DvD Audio Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Hi there,
i just bought a dvd rom but surely i found its lagging som stuff within...i guess an audio cable coz i dunt hear any sound while playing movies in my pc....video and data read is just fine...with this pack i just recieved a data cable, screws and d drive...is there any other audio cable required for its functioning....if yes do i find it in market seperately...plz help me out...thanx
enjoy

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm, i recently put up a DVD rom, and just i put on the IDE cables and made it work.

I dint have any audio cable for it , there must be someothere reason for it, not the audio jack.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
thanx for replying grudge....may b ur rite coz wat exactly happening is
cds playing just fine with sound and video....dvds are running but i can only see movies but cant hear any sound...i tried an audio cable but no use...thers no any other problem....
d other possibility may b that those dvd movies r corrupt coz ive tried only that dvd till now....yet 2 test other...lets c, wish me luk

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hi again, forgot 2 mention....i hav a benq 16x dvd rom....
1ce again there no problem wit anything else but only sound from DVD movies....do we need any other software or drivers for this as i havnt used driver cd for installation as xp detected drivers for this....plz help me out im confused wat 2 do....thanx

theraven

Technomancer
what the ?
obviously u have to attatch the audio cable to your sound card
whats wrong with u guys
there is a separate audio jack on the back of the drive where u connect it
check to see if ur mobo/sound card was bundled with an extra cable !
u need 3 connectors at the back
power, data, and audio

drgrudge

Raven, i dint bother to connec the audio cable to the sound card..., and only the IDE and power cable i connected, yet it worked. :)

swatkat

Technomancer
theraven said:
what the ?
obviously u have to attatch the audio cable to your sound card
whats wrong with u guys
there is a separate audio jack on the back of the drive where u connect it
check to see if ur mobo/sound card was bundled with an extra cable !
u need 3 connectors at the back
power, data, and audio

3 pin connector at the back of the drive is the analog audio output only for Audio CD. as u can see, there will be a Headphone jack in the front panel of the CD/DVD drive, u can use this to listen the Audio CD (-only), the same output is provided at the back panel for connection to SoundCard, so that this can use PC Speakers for the Audio output instead of the Headhones.....but this is only for Audio CDs.....for MP3s and other Audio tracks (of movies etc), audio signals has to be decoded by the softwares and then provide the analog audio output to soundcard and from there to speakers.....so it does not matter if one does not connect that connector to soundcard....

@drgrudge....can u just tell me, whether u can hear the audio from ur PC Speakers, while ur playin Audio CD in ur DVD ROM Dirve, with that Audio cable not connected to sound card.....

theraven

Technomancer
okok my bad !! sorry !

anyways what kinda dvd movies are u trying to play ?
are those those pirated ones ?
they usually have very low sound quality !
try an original one and let us know

drgrudge

swatkat said:
@drgrudge....can u just tell me, whether u can hear the audio from ur PC Speakers, while ur playin Audio CD in ur DVD ROM Dirve, with that Audio cable not connected to sound card.....
Yes, i can!

But i have connected my DVD rom as master and CD rom as slave.

I have not connected the audio Cable from CD to sound card as well.

I guess, it's not necessary as the IDE cable does this audio thing job.

quad master

In the zone
Well if you are having problems which watching DVDMovies

These are a few solutions
1.> There is a SPDIF Cable which is supposed to be connected to your
DVDRom and your Sound Card.
Looks Like this
*www.animeandcomputers.com/computers/computer/Publish/images/spdif.gif
It is provided with your sound card and not your DVDRom

2.> DVD Movies have 5.1 Sound and to hear it you have to almost
increase the volume to the max level to hear it.

3.> Download Latest Klite Codec Pack Full Version
Here:- *digidownload.libero.it/klitecode/mirror/klcodec236f.exe

This Klite Codec Pack has MplayerC and AC3Filter which will help
you play your DVD Movies and with AC3Filter your AC3 Audio on the
DVD can be decoded and heard by you.

Go to ControlPanel->Ac3Filter Settings
In AC3Filter select your speaker type properly.
and increase the master and gain level to the max
so that you dont have to raise the Speaker main volume to the max level
while viewing your DVD Movies.

Also What type of Speakers[2.0/2.1/4.0/5.1 etc] do you have connected to your pc
and the name of the soundcard you use
You can also try DVD Playback software like PowerDVD

zap...wat wz that

Right off the assembly line
whooo....
may b ur dvd drv is not an original authenticated 1 bot from a retailer,there may b a fault in it ,contact ur seller immediately

AlienTech

In the zone
quad master said:
Well if you are having problems which watching DVDMovies

These are a few solutions
1.> There is a SPDIF Cable which is supposed to be connected to your
DVDRom and your Sound Card.
Looks Like this
*www.animeandcomputers.com/computers/computer/Publish/images/spdif.gif
It is provided with your sound card and not your DVDRom

2.> DVD Movies have 5.1 Sound and to hear it you have to almost
increase the volume to the max level to hear it.

3.> Download Latest Klite Codec Pack Full Version
Here:- *digidownload.libero.it/klitecode/mirror/klcodec236f.exe

This Klite Codec Pack has MplayerC and AC3Filter which will help
you play your DVD Movies and with AC3Filter your AC3 Audio on the
DVD can be decoded and heard by you.

Go to ControlPanel->Ac3Filter Settings
In AC3Filter select your speaker type properly.
and increase the master and gain level to the max
so that you dont have to raise the Speaker main volume to the max level
while viewing your DVD Movies.

Also What type of Speakers[2.0/2.1/4.0/5.1 etc] do you have connected to your pc
and the name of the soundcard you use
You can also try DVD Playback software like PowerDVD

The SPIDF connector is for connecting digital audio output from your sound card to an AC3 compatible receiver. There are 2 kinds of SPIDF connectors, one is a digital fiber optic connector or the regular copper wire connector. The DVD drive itself only has audio CD out. IF you do not have a special AC3 receiver, many sound cards convert the 5:1 AC3 sounds to stereo or 4 way or other options like the Sound blaster has a SPIDF out but can also output 4 channel sounds.

Stand alone DVD players usually have this SPIDF output to connect to a receiver. Some have both the fiber optic and the coaxial.

I made this mistake when I bought my stereo reciever which was 5:1, But it was not a digital AC3 reciever. My friend has a real AC3 reciever which he paid over $2000 for. I paid around $600 for mine. Guess now I know why the big price difference... And yes there is a HUGE difference in sound quality. Its not just loud, but it shakes the foundations. You can here little sounds like rain falls in the back ground while without the digital sounds, the music and such will blank those sounds out.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
guys relax...its just ok now...neither there was any cable problem (as i spend a small amt for it) neither any drive's authentication problem as som1 thinks here and also i took d original disks.....i just missed the software which we need to run benq dvdrom wich is called WinDVD...i downloaded the trial version and things are just fine here...nw im enjoying thunder surround sound in my movies.

theres one more thing...though ive installed d plugins with windvd the movies are played only in windvd n not in wmp 10.....though i hav d plugins. thats a bother coz trial period for windvd expires after 14 days.. wat 2 do now...any suggestions

drgrudge

Check this link out....
*www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/getmore/plugins.aspx

And why dont u try PowerDVD, it better than winDVD (IMO) . I got my Power dvd with my DVD rom. It's not a freeware :(

So, i guess Win media player, will be the one, if u want a good (and free) DVD playing app.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
ya thanx im looking within d site....but its a long process for which i hv to pay...dun hav any download....looking for it....and i didnt use powerdvd coz itz not supporting my benq drive...its basically meant for samsung drives...actually i hv all d softwares and apart from windvd none is working...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom