Durable phone for mom [15k]

akhilc47

Journeyman
Hi All,

I need to buy a phone for my mom to replace her Lumia 520. She drops it often and keeps it near kitchen area so durability is the first thing I'm looking for. Lumia was really great and survived 3 years now. But it's a bit outdated now and power button has started falling off quite often :-/

1. Budget?
10-15k
2. Display type and size?
Preferably 5" or lower. She has a small hand so it would be uncomfortable to handle anything bigger than 5".
3. Dual sim?
Preferred but not a deal breaker
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Nokia or any brand with very good build quality. She will be using it pretty roughly, so durability is a big factor.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Camera quality and features are not a priority.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Android. She has been using windows but that path looks dead now.
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G preferred. She has jio sim.
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Calling mainly. Uses WhatsApp often and takes photo occasionally. No gaming.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
I've no idea about current market, so No.
10. Any other info that you want to share
Like I mentioned before, good build quality is preferred.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Phones with larger screen to body ratio have more chances of getting damaged when dropped. Save money, get redmi 4 and buy a Spigen TPU/hybrid case + tempered glass screen protector for it.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'll buy those armored kinda case and tempered glass. But how is build quality of redmi phones? Earlier I have heard they get heated up pretty fast. Since there's no intensive application she gonna use, it shouldn't heat much right?

I forgot to add battery detail (shouldn't it be added in questionnaire?). It'd be great to have good battery life.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'll buy those armored kinda case and tempered glass. But how is build quality of redmi phones? Earlier I have heard they get heated up pretty fast. Since there's no intensive application she gonna use, it shouldn't heat much right?

I forgot to add battery detail (shouldn't it be added in questionnaire?). It'd be great to have good battery life.

Get zenfone 3 phone is 5"2 inch and is very handy for small hands zenfone 3 is a very beautiful phone with good camera,design and awesome battery life.
Get it from here
*www.amazon.in/Asus-Zenfone-Black-3...UTF8&qid=1507390217&sr=1-1&keywords=zenfone+3

I am using this case
SEI HEI KI Back Cover for Asus Zenfone 3 Ze520kl - SEI HEI KI : Flipkart.com

Top Bottom