Drones

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
FAQ | Office of the Commissioner of Customs | Government of India
Q. 4. . Can drones -helicopters be imported as Baggage? What are the norms, if so?
Ans. There is no prohibition on import of drones. However, 12 passengers possessing drones have to opt for Red Channel and should declare the same in the separate column in the Customs Declaration Form. The drones and helicopters are allowed subject to the conditions that the importer should have licence issued by the WPC wing of Ministry of Communication and Information Technology for importing the same mentioning proper name, model and specifications of the good
I suggest contacting the helpline number for more clarification but it doesn't look like one can easily bring even a decent drone in airline baggage.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hello,
to all of you

and
@billubakra

Actually, my relative is coming from US, Can you please suggest some good Drone with Camera that I can get from there? Actually I just need it to use for fun and in Vacations, so nothing much is required, just Enough Flying time and Good Resolution Camera. Hope to get reply soon.

Thank You.

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Anything that fits your budget from
DJI Camera Drones - DJI

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aviation ministry starts one-time window to register drones - Times of India
Over 20,000 drone users register with Govt, action against undeclared users now - Times of India

mitraark

Decrepit
Going for a DJI Mavic Mini, Combo - Offline price 50k at Metro Gali, Esplanade, Kolkata, AliExpress Price 43.4k.

Trying to decide which would be safer.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Going for a DJI Mavic Mini, Combo - Offline price 50k at Metro Gali, Esplanade, Kolkata, AliExpress Price 43.4k.

Would you want to trust something this expensive to aliexpress? Their packages seem to get stuck in customs a lot.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

dissel

Cyborg Agent

You will not get drone from AE unless you are Registered User (I mean all the DGCA license/permission you got). Once it landed to India Custom authority will hold the drone and send you letter to send/show/deposit your necessary permission and stuff, Once you do that (assuming you got everything) then they will start for custom duty evolution + GST + handling fees.

Anyhow, I like to ask are they Metro Gali's shop authorized DJI Seller? And is this product sealed pack first hand?

mitraark

Decrepit
Would you want to trust something this expensive to aliexpress? Their packages seem to get stuck in customs a lot.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

Already bought a lot of stuff like a GoPro 7 Black from there. Customs part is an issue for electronic items i agree. But site is good, just check seller rating before buying.

mitraark

Decrepit
You will not get drone from AE unless you are Registered User (I mean all the DGCA license/permission you got). Once it landed to India Custom authority will hold the drone and send you letter to send/show/deposit your necessary permission and stuff, Once you do that (assuming you got everything) then they will start for custom duty evolution + GST + handling fees.

Anyhow, I like to ask are they Metro Gali's shop authorized DJI Seller? And is this product sealed pack first hand?

Customs part you are absolutely right. I try to manage it, although for normal people its not recommended to buy such things from foerin at all i know.

No these shops arent authorized sellers, rather they ask us not to disclose their shop name online. They provide paid support. Items arent sealed i guess. They too import the things. Open battery import is an issue. Batteries are inserted and then put into flight.

Top Bottom