1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Double NAT issues with YouBroadband in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Broadband and DTH' started by Ammar, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ammar

Ammar New Member

I recently subscribed to a 50 mbps connection with YouBroadband. YouBroadband installed an Alphion router to provide me with a WAN connection. I am using a TP-Link router to share the connection.
    My problem is this:
    I am trying to set up a simple server and expose it on the internet, for learning and development purposes. But it seems that all incoming connections are blocked. I checked on my external IP using yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports. The same issue exists when I try to play some games online. The server cannot send me a request.
    I set up port port forwarding rules on my TP-Link router, but that did not help. TP-Link's WAN IP address is a local address 100.72.X.X.
    It seems that I am stuck in a double NAT problem where I have no access to the NAT routers. When I did a tracert, it looked like even a triple NAT or higher.
    YouBroadband Customer Care is of no help. The "Technical Consultant" doesn't even know what a NAT or port forwading is?
    Does this problem exist with all broadband providers?
    Is there a broadband provider in south bangalore that provides suitable service for what I am trying to do.

2. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator Staff Member

Can you access your alphion router?If yes then add your tplink router to alphion DMZ & in turn add your pc to tplink DMZ & see what happens.

3. OP
    OP
    Ammar

Ammar New Member

The alphion router is not using a WAN interface. The router does not allow a DMZ unless there is a WAN interface enabled. It seems to be using some optical fibre interface.

4. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Super Moderator Staff Member

Can you post some screenshots of this alphion router settings pages?