dos problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_logical

Broken In
hi,
i m using win XP with SP & and all the updates properly installed. i m facing a peculiar problem. whenever i run a dos application in full screen mode then after i exit then i get a blank screen staring at me. but the system doesnot hangs because comp responds to the keyboard inputs. where can the problem be????

technoteen

Journeyman
i too had a similar problem on my Intel 845GL chipset
the problem is due to some problem in the intel drivers,

my system works fine with the drivers that came with my motherboard(i am using mercury motherboard) but if install any new driver from intel, it gives the same problem

so just roll back to your orignal drivers and your system will work fine

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmm, I had this problem once too. And the only way I could get around the problem was to blindly hit the Windows Key + M, which will minimize all open windows. Then, hit Alt+F4, which will bring up the shutdown screen, on which the first selection highlighted automatically would be Standby. Hit Enter, let the computer enter Standby and a few seconds later, bring it out by moving the mouse, and I had my screen back the way it was when Windows reinitializes the display. It worked for me, try it and let me know if it works for you too. If I come across a permanent solution, I will let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom