Status
Not open for further replies.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
My DOS programs and games (DOS based, of course :wink: ) are troubling me lately.

Whenever I open any DOS app (lets assume the DOS file in consideration to be C:\abcd.exe), windows shows me the following message

" C:\abc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application "

PLEASE HELP !!!

BTW,

I have WINDOWS XP & SP2 (the comp has been up-to-date with all MS updates till today)

expertno.1

Technomancer
u can sue dosbox for playing dos-based games
here..
dosbox.sourceforge.net/

and please post the contents of the autoexec.nt
also tell that before were u were able to play this game or not ?

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
expertno.1 said:
here..
dosbox.sourceforge.net/

But what about the apps that I run via the command line or the apps that I create that need DOS to run commands ?

expertno.1 said:

UMMMM...
HOW ?

anomit

In the zone
The file would be in C:\Windows\System32 folder or better search for it. Open the file in Notepad and copy the contents here.

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
File Not Found !!!

I checked the "search system files and folders" and also "search hidden files" and also unchecked the "Hide System files and folders" from the folder options. But It still didn't show up anything !!!

What NOW ???

OP
R

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
File Not Found !!!

I checked the "search system files and folders" and also "search hidden files" and also unchecked the "Hide System files and folders" from the folder options. But It still didn't show up anything !!!

What NOW ???

expertno.1

Technomancer
ur answer

now ur answer
visit here
*www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00642.htm

also i forgot visit microsoft :shock:

support.microsoft.com/default. aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767&Product=winxp

hsksattish

Broken In
try copying the autoexec.nt file from ur friend's system(xp) .i think it is safer.
its located in c:\windows\system32

tuxfan

Technomancer
expertno.1 said:
here..
dosbox.sourceforge.net/

also tell that before were u were able to play this game or not ?

Please be aware that any such DOS emulation software will result in lot of heat being generated by processor. So ensure proper ventilation if you are using it for long hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom