Does the Galaxy S10e support VoLTE on airtel?

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I miss a lot of functionality and usability from my old phone. The phone app on this one is almost a direct rip-off of the vastly inferior iOS phone app.

It was a two-step process to call someone previously, but now it's a three-step process. Whatsapp/Skype/Signal used to be integrated into the process as well, but now I have to manually open the contacts app to access that feature. Which makes it completely pointless to even have it. No longer can I call them directly using the phone app.

X1ZC power button doubled as a screenshot and switch-off menu. S20 delegates that to a swiping tab on the corner which is difficult to pull out depending on which app it is drawn over. Even there I can't take a quick full-screen screenshot without first expanding a square tool across the entire phone.

A lot of crufty apps cannot be disabled either, which is an extreme downgrade. For example Signal is my default SMS app, but I can't disable the messaging app. Very unfortunate.

WiFi calling and VoLTE are broken.

Battery life is poor even in power-saving modes.

One-handed operation is a mega pain in the bosom.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
And here I thought samsung higher end models are good. If even s10e is not good for overall user experience then is there any model even left at this price point other than apple & google pixel.

I miss a lot of functionality and usability from my old phone. The phone app on this one is almost a direct rip-off of the vastly inferior iOS phone app.

It was a two-step process to call someone previously, but now it's a three-step process. Whatsapp/Skype/Signal used to be integrated into the process as well, but now I have to manually open the contacts app to access that feature. Which makes it completely pointless to even have it. No longer can I call them directly using the phone app.

X1ZC power button doubled as a screenshot and switch-off menu. S20 delegates that to a swiping tab on the corner which is difficult to pull out depending on which app it is drawn over. Even there I can't take a quick full-screen screenshot without first expanding a square tool across the entire phone.

A lot of crufty apps cannot be disabled either, which is an extreme downgrade. For example Signal is my default SMS app, but I can't disable the messaging app. Very unfortunate.

WiFi calling and VoLTE are broken.

Battery life is poor even in power-saving modes.

One-handed operation is a mega pain in the bosom.
I never saw whatsapp integrated in my old Z3C, not sure what you were doing in your previous phone. I always used to call someone from whatsapp by opening the whatsapp app.

There's an option to swipe with palm to take screenshot or press volume down + power button to take screenshot. The square tool is meant only for taking screenshot of a part of the screen.

Lack of ability to disable a lot of default apps is a pain, but not as big of a pain as Xiaomi for sure. Still, Samsung should do better.

I have an option to enable VoLTE in my S8, still it doesn't work, pretty annoying for sure.

120Hz takes a big hit on battery life, moreover the compact S series always had above average battery life, not good one like many budget phones can even provide. I guess it should last a day with 4hrs or so of screen on time.

Lack of compact phones is a big problem for people like us. I plan to just change the battery of my S8, no phones worth upgrading to except for expensive ones or Apple.

I have a theory that Exynos phones degrade in battery life & performance faster than Snapdragon variants. I have an S835 S8, not Exynos one. It is working well, definitely runs slower than new OP phones & all if compared side by side.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I never saw whatsapp integrated in my old Z3C, not sure what you were doing in your previous phone. I always used to call someone from whatsapp by opening the whatsapp app.

Dunno about the Z3C, but on the XZ1C:

Open the phone app -> type the contact name and press the portrait of the contact you want to call -> you get a dropdown list of all the apps you can use to call or message the contact. If you just press the contact's name, you directly call the contact.

On samsung you cannot do this directly on the phone app. You have to open the contacts app -> open the contact details -> select the app you want to invoke for call/messaging. On the phone app, if you type the contact name and press the name, it will put the number on the dialling screen, but not directly call them.

There's an option to swipe with palm to take screenshot or press volume down + power button to take screenshot. The square tool is meant only for taking screenshot of a part of the screen.

Swiping the palm is a two-handed operation, and so is volume down+ power button. Both are cumbersome processes. I know that the square tool is meant for a part of the screen. But it's actually easier to access one-handed. It significantly reduces the one-handedness of the phone.

Lack of ability to disable a lot of default apps is a pain, but not as big of a pain as Xiaomi for sure. Still, Samsung should do better.

On sony, the only app you can't disable is "What's New". Everything else is fair game. At that point of time I used to think that not being able to delete a lot of apps was offensive, but compared to Samsung's cruft this is saintly!

120Hz takes a big hit on battery life, moreover the compact S series always had above average battery life, not good one like many budget phones can even provide. I guess it should last a day with 4hrs or so of screen on time.

There is no compact S phone right now. Oh, and the phone heats up like a car's exterior on a hot day while charging or when any CPU-heavy app is being used. 120hz plays a surprisingly minor role in battery life BTW - barely 10-15% in my experience.

Lack of compact phones is a big problem for people like us. I plan to just change the battery of my S8, no phones worth upgrading to except for expensive ones or Apple.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

I have a theory that Exynos phones degrade in battery life & performance faster than Snapdragon variants. I have an S835 S8, not Exynos one. It is working well, definitely runs slower than new OP phones & all if compared side by side.

I don't know enough about this to comment.

Yes I understand,Andaman Nicobar like islands that too in India. Btw do islands in USA/EU get better connectivity or is it similar situation there also.
I'm sure they have optical fibre connectivity, unlike Andaman, so better internet situation. Although optical fibre is being laid from Chennai to Andaman, time will tell how it will be.

Dunno about the Z3C, but on the XZ1C:

Open the phone app -> type the contact name and press the portrait of the contact you want to call -> you get a dropdown list of all the apps you can use to call or message the contact. If you just press the contact's name, you directly call the contact.

On samsung you cannot do this directly on the phone app. You have to open the contacts app -> open the contact details -> select the app you want to invoke for call/messaging. On the phone app, if you type the contact name and press the name, it will put the number on the dialling screen, but not directly call them.

Swiping the palm is a two-handed operation, and so is volume down+ power button. Both are cumbersome processes. I know that the square tool is meant for a part of the screen. But it's actually easier to access one-handed. It significantly reduces the one-handedness of the phone.

On sony, the only app you can't disable is "What's New". Everything else is fair game. At that point of time I used to think that not being able to delete a lot of apps was offensive, but compared to Samsung's cruft this is saintly!

There is no compact S phone right now. Oh, and the phone heats up like a car's exterior on a hot day while charging or when any CPU-heavy app is being used. 120hz plays a surprisingly minor role in battery life BTW - barely 10-15% in my experience.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

I don't know enough about this to comment.
I never used the feature of calling using different apps. In samsung, you can swipe from left to right on a contact name to directly call it.

Phones are getting bigger, so sometimes using two-handed features is fine with me. One UI is better for one handed use than other UIs because they moved a lot of stuff towards the bottom of phone.

Samsung is taking inspiration from Xiaomi & even has ads or so called "recommendations". It is annoying for sure along with inability to disable an app. At least Samsung apps like music is good & doesn't have ads yet like Xiaomi.

My S8 gets pretty hot while charging & using internet via 4G or playing game on WiFi. Fast charging heats up the phone more. I doubt its overheating otherwise many people would have reported it.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I never used the feature of calling using different apps. In samsung, you can swipe from left to right on a contact name to directly call it.

Phones are getting bigger, so sometimes using two-handed features is fine with me. One UI is better for one handed use than other UIs because they moved a lot of stuff towards the bottom of phone.

Samsung is taking inspiration from Xiaomi & even has ads or so called "recommendations". It is annoying for sure along with inability to disable an app. At least Samsung apps like music is good & doesn't have ads yet like Xiaomi.

My S8 gets pretty hot while charging & using internet via 4G or playing game on WiFi. Fast charging heats up the phone more. I doubt its overheating otherwise many people would have reported it.

Well, I did and you can see the problem :<

About the moving-things-to-bottom, I don't really see what you mean. Some features should obviously work one-handed but don't. Other times, it's hard to reach the other end of the screen for one-handed operation. One UI is objectively worse IMHO.

Xiaomi probably depends on ads for some part of their revenue, like how Amazon sells an ad-filled kindle for less.

I don't know if it can be called overheating, but it does get uncomfortably hot compared to what I am used to. At least it gets hot enough that I can't leave it in my pocket.

Well, I did and you can see the problem :<

About the moving-things-to-bottom, I don't really see what you mean. Some features should obviously work one-handed but don't. Other times, it's hard to reach the other end of the screen for one-handed operation. One UI is objectively worse IMHO.

Xiaomi probably depends on ads for some part of their revenue, like how Amazon sells an ad-filled kindle for less.

I don't know if it can be called overheating, but it does get uncomfortably hot compared to what I am used to. At least it gets hot enough that I can't leave it in my pocket.
Like in Dialler app, different tabs like Keypad, Recents, Contacts are at bottom of the screen, unlike most other UIs, including stock, which has it at the top half instead. There are many other such places in the UI where One UI put stuff at easier to access place.

At least amazon has option to pay $15 to remove ads completely.

Unless you can get temp of back, its tough to judge. Also hottness is a subjective feeling. Moreover India is a hot country & we are approaching summer. My S8 was definitely cooler in US.

Top Bottom