Does the Galaxy S10e support VoLTE on airtel?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
In the Kolkata circle. 2G voice is awful on airtel here.

I looked at airtel's compatibility list and it seemed...dated. Dunno about the Chinese brands but none of the latest models from the premium names seemed to be listed.

The Xperia XZ1 Compact has served me well so far but I may need to upgrade in a few months.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
In the Kolkata circle. 2G voice is awful on airtel here.

I looked at airtel's compatibility list and it seemed...dated. Dunno about the Chinese brands but none of the latest models from the premium names seemed to be listed.

The Xperia XZ1 Compact has served me well so far but I may need to upgrade in a few months.
Try Nokia 8.1 @ Nokia 8.1 ( 64 GB Storage, 4 GB RAM ) Online at Best Price On Flipkart.com

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Go with samsung,its overall user experience is much better than nokia. Any recent model 4g phone officially available in India from major brands almost always supports all 4g networks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
My redmi K20 isn't on airtel handset compatibility list but it runs volte just fine which is to be expected as note 7 pro is there on the list & if note 7 pro can run it then certainly K20 can also run it. Airtel does have volte now in all circles but it also runs 2g network(3g expected to be shutdown by 31st March next year) & not all areas can be expected to get 4g signal.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
VoLTE support depends on the carrier explicitly permitting your device. There are no hardware limitations. The IMS framework is used to query VoLTE features, and IIRC the device has to pass its model code number, which can differ between countries, for access.

My XZ1 Compact also supports VoLTE but none of the TSPs have permitted this phone so I can't use VoLTE in India. It is stupid, but it is how it is.

I briefly tried looking up ways to spoof it, but I could not find anything concrete.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
VoLTE support depends on the carrier explicitly permitting your device. There are no hardware limitations. The IMS framework is used to query VoLTE features, and IIRC the device has to pass its model code number, which can differ between countries, for access.

My XZ1 Compact also supports VoLTE but none of the TSPs have permitted this phone so I can't use VoLTE in India. It is stupid, but it is how it is.

I briefly tried looking up ways to spoof it, but I could not find anything concrete.
If that's the case then I am very sure that airtel will allow samsung galaxy s10e(upon you calling their cc) assuming it doesn't get VoLTE automatically.

OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Hmm, then I will call them for my XZ1 Compact first because if they don't allow this phone then I doubt they will allow the S10e.

No point burning the money and regretting it later.

EDIT: Customer care registered a complaint and asked for 4 business days. Let's see what happens. If I get VoLTE on this phone, maybe I'll keep it for a few more years :-D

Last edited:
OP
Extreme Gamer

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Ended up buying a Galaxy S20 on launch date (got a small discount from the dealer). Still setting it up. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have VoLTE enabled on Airtel.

EDIT: This phone is awful. The UI is clunky and the size is non-trivial to handle.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ended up buying a Galaxy S20 on launch date (got a small discount from the dealer). Still setting it up. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have VoLTE enabled on Airtel.
Check this thread:
*r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S/airtel-VoLTE-and-VoWiFi-not-working-on-Galaxy-S10-Lite/td-p/3420449/page/2

if they end up treating you like me... you would need to get a new sim and insert it in another model which is officially listed on their volte page and wait for volte to get active on that sim. once it is, it should work on your samsung phone.

EDIT: This phone is awful. The UI is clunky and the size is non-trivial to handle.
I'd say S20's size is "compact" by today's standards, S20+ & ultra are definitely too big.

One UI is actually good IMO, still slower than Oxygen OS & stock android for sure though. Maybe reduce animation duration to 0.5x from dev settings to see if that helps.

Top Bottom